Re: Brave trait ismaking Confident moodlets twice as strong as displayed Strng.

by crinrict

Original Post

Brave trait is making Confident moodlets twice as strong as displayed Strength

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.74.59.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Irrelevant.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? On sims with the Brave trait from Reward/Satisfaction Points Store. Their Confident moodlets can override another emotion's moodlet that has strength twice as high.
What happens when the bug occurs? As the title suggests, Confident moodlet seem to be twice or so as strong as the moodlet strength shown on mouse-over info box. (i.e. Confident +1, Confident +2) For instance in the attached screenshot the sim has one +2 and one +1 Confident moodlets active, while the two +2 Inspired moodlets couldn't override the Confident moodlets.
What do you expect to see? Either, Confident moodlets have the correct strength (as displayed value on the info box) for Brave sims. Or, updated descriptions for the Brave trait and confident buffs to reflect the strength change.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

ps. I hope those forced italics aren't making it hard to read.

Message 1 of 9 (1,128 Views)

Re: Brave trait is making Confident moodlets twice as strong as displayed Stregn

Hero
@LibertyTheFree I'm not sure I understand this report correctly. You think it should say it makes the confident moodlet stronger instead of longer lasting or that the moodlet doesn't show it's stronger ? (could you post a picture of the info on the moodlet as well) ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (1,102 Views)

Re: Brave trait is making Confident moodlets twice as strong as displayed Stregn

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Oops. I meant that sims with Brave trait are currently not only having their Confident moodlets doubled in duration, but also doubled in strength. (i.e. A +1 Confident moodlet being counted as 2)

The latter of which didn't fit the trait's description, nor was the change in strength shown in game.

I did include a screenshot in attachments. I hope you aren't having issues viewing it?

Message 3 of 9 (1,081 Views)

★★★★ Expert

I did view the screenshot, but it's kind of small on my machine, so maybe I'm not seeing the duration properly?

Dumb question:  Is your Sim on a Tiny Home lot?

Message 4 of 9 (1,075 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

The Description:

Sims with this Trait aren’t as easily frightened. Brave Sims regain their composure faster then most Sims, and don’t mind being near supernatural beings such as Ghost or Skeletons. Brave Sims also stay Confident longer then most Sims!

No word that moodlets are double such strong. It should only extend the time from moodlets. If this by design then the descriptions is false and should...:

Sims with this Trait aren’t as easily frightened. Brave Sims regain their composure faster then most Sims, and don’t mind being near supernatural beings such as Ghost or Skeletons. Brave Sims also stay Confident longer and Confident is more powerful!

PS: I don’t have a Sim with brave trait so I can’t check for myself if I have too this issue.

Message 5 of 9 (1,062 Views)

Hero
@LibertyTheFree I can only see the description of the trait, not what indication the moodlet that it's giving double the strength.

What I meant is if you can post another picture, that shows the explanation on the moodlet itself.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (1,035 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

@crinrict Oh I guess I didn't get it when you asked for another screenshot. Oops

Then excuse me, but I didn't get a shot on every moodlet before I filed my bug report.

So in the screenshot the first Confident moodlet, from left, was Ready to Ski from skiing interactions, the info box said it was Confident +2, and so had a white outline to go with the icon.

The second Confident moodlet was Minty Freshness from brushing teeth, which the game displayed as Confident +1.

That would mean there were a total of +3 Confident buffs.

And yet there were a Inspired +2 moodlet from cooking, and another Inspired +2 moodlet from drinking tea. That should make for +4 Inspired, but it's somehow overpowered by +3 Confident.

I hope this explanation works for you?

ps. @xochiquetzl_xkvn We were not in a tiny home. Standard smile In that case there'd be a Fine moodlet or so. I think you could zoom in and out on the screenshot, though.

@daikoyuThat's one way to address this.

Message 7 of 9 (1,021 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

So, I test it with my vanilla game and the dust kit with always inspired buff.

Ruby is the sims without brave trait. (Screenshot) As you see here the inspired Buff win over the confident Buff.

Aisha is the sim with brave trait. As you see here the confident Buff is stronger as the inspired buff from Dust.

Both Sims have the same Buffs, but Aisha confident is more meaningful as from Ruby, so is this a bug or a feature?

Add: I test it with more Sims and the result is always the same. Confident from Sims with brave trait will always win and need double effect from another emotion for overwrite. In the fall from Aisha I need the cloud gaze + clean floor and the buff from sunny aspect (CL) for inspired to win.

Message 8 of 9 (991 Views)

Hero
@LibertyTheFree @daikoyu

Thanks both for all the details. Hard to tell if this is intended or not but I agree if it's the case, they should at least adjust the text.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 9 of 9 (977 Views)