Original Post

Bot lobby glitch.... becoming more and more abused

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? JDicembre
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. N/A
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)?
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In the lobby (waiting area before the match)
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Glitch starts in lobby from what I understand
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. I have not recreated the glich myself but there is a walkthrough on how to on YouTube that I will add link to
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? Have not done it myself
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) Video was posted 2 weeks ago, but I’m sure the glitch has been here
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? [Removed - CM] That’s the YouTube video walking through how to exploit the glitch. Apparently when done your character, no matter your level will be placed in a lobby of all lower level players and bots, level 20 and lower roughly. This video is getting more and more views and is getting players badges they don’t deserve.
What should be happening instead? Places in normal lobbies of your own level
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Should not be hard to reach players of higher levels consistantly appearing in beginner level lobbies

The video I posted the link for shows everything, and should be fixed quickly, since video was posted it has gained over 15k views. based on the comments and what randoms have told be the glitch does work. 

[Removed - CM]

EA_Blueberry: Removed video links

Message 1 of 25 (28,922 Views)

Re: Bot lobby glitch.... becoming more and more abused

★★★ Novice

Why do you care about a player having badges? Surely it’s more beneficial to have new players being able to learn the game somewhat before being completely wiped out in pub lobbies full of predators?

Message 2 of 25 (28,893 Views)

★★ Novice

No my problem is that with the glitch and player can access the bot lobbies, of your level 300 you can go into this lobby and drop a 20 bomb like it’s nothing. Just watch the video

Message 3 of 25 (28,856 Views)

Community Manager

@Jdice1224 

Thank you for the help. I know you were reporting this in good faith, but in the future it's best to directly message a Community Manager for potential exploits to avoid others "experimenting" with them.

We'll make sure the team is aware of these reports, thanks again!

Blueberry.png
Message 4 of 25 (28,842 Views)

★★ Novice

thank you for the response, and yes sorry, wasn’t trying to spread the link. But for the future what is the best way to directly contact a community manager. 

Message 5 of 25 (28,839 Views)

Community Manager

@Jdice1224 

If you select one of the Community Managers here on the forums there is an option to send us a private message. Thumbs up

Blueberry.png
Message 6 of 25 (28,832 Views)

★★ Novice

Perfect, thank you

Message 7 of 25 (28,830 Views)

★★★ Novice
@Jdice1224 Good job reporting this, there are even full pre-made squads doing this
Message 8 of 25 (27,529 Views)

★★★ Newbie

What a *, it was in no way shape or form impacting you, you had to be a buzzkill 😂 “people are getting badges and I’m upset” 😂😂 who cares 

Message 9 of 25 (27,102 Views)

★ Novice

I dont wanna be rude, but are you actually bitching about meeting a way better player now and then? Back in the days I used to watch them through the whole game trying to pick up what they are doing which improved my gameplay and got me to diamond when ranked got implemented. And badges...wouldnt you like to get one after playing hrs and hrs in predator lobbies not being able go pick up more than 12 kills no matter what you do? Start messing in the firing range and once you start getting harder lobbies, then complain about someone actually wanting to reward themselves after months of sweating in each game. 

Message 10 of 25 (24,148 Views)