Bossk Unselectable in Arcade

by the-creative-pup

Original Post

Bossk Unselectable in Arcade

★★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Bossk becomes unselectable and the Start button becomes grayed out when you select him.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? the-creative-pup
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 11/13/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 12:34 AM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Arcade Mode
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play Arcade and attempt to select Bossk.
What happens when the bug occurs? Can't select Bossk in Arcade.
What do you expect to see? Select Bossk in Arcade.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number rx460

Fix it.

Message 1 of 10 (1,068 Views)

Re: Bossk Unselectable in Arcade

★★★ Guide

Still unselectable in Arcade. It says Max Units in Play which is impossible since I am the only one in play.

Message 2 of 10 (1,000 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@the-creative-pup- What arcade mode are you playing and what tier? Can you select any other hero? What mode were you playing prior. It looks like a standard selection bar in GA not Arcade.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

★★★ Guide

I click Arcade > Custom Arcade > Then make my selections in menu setup as seen in attached screenshot > Then I click Play from that screen.

When I then get taken to the next screen to select a character, I select Bossk and that's when my issue (as seen is second attached screenshot) happens. I have to say that it doesn't happen consistently for whatever reason but it does happen about 50% of the time. Yes, I can choose another character from that screen and play but I shouldn't have to. The reason I want to play as Bossk is because he wipes out the AI faster than anyone else which guarantees I get the max 125 credits per round. If you choose the others who are a lot slower, the max you can get is 100 credits per round. Being that the daily max number of rounds is 15, that's a difference of 375 credits (100 credits x 15 = 1500 or 125 credits x 15 = 1875) you're potentially missing out on when you shouldn't have to.

Message 4 of 10 (980 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

@the-creative-pup- I haven't seen any other posts on this particular problem. I will forward this to @EA_Ataashi for help. I am on Xbox - I will try and see if I can replicate your problem to give me a better idea of what is going on.

"I am not an EA employee. Just a fellow gamer trying to lend a helping hand. I don't know everything but will attempt to find a solution to your problem. If I have helped, please click on the XP button below. If I have solved your problem, Then click on the Accept as Solution Button. Have Fun."

Champion

@EA_Ataashi- Do you have any ideas in regard to @the-creative-pup 's problem?

Community Manager (retired)

@ggibb65 @the-creative-pup

That's quite peculiar problem Wondering

And I haven't seen any other reports about this either... 

@the-creative-pup Could you try to clear Origin cache and repair the game?

Let me know if that helped.

Thanks!

/Ataashi

Message 7 of 10 (933 Views)

Champion

@EA_Ataashi@the-creative-pup - I tried everthing on my XBox to see if I could replicate the problem. Tried the same custom settings in arcade, tried different ping sites, even the battle scenarios. Still couldn't create the same issue. Maybe the game settings in user/documents/SWBF2 should be deleted & the game restarted. I myself would rename it so the game can't identify the folder and would create another one. It looks to me if it is not resetting Bosk.

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Problem STILL exists. What is happening is that Arcade is now functioning like GA. When you select Bossk, it thinks there's one in the game.

Message 9 of 10 (814 Views)

★★★ Guide

Here is the Bossk error in Arcade. First when it doesn't happen and then as it happens when I try again.

https://youtu.be/HW6sCKong9w
Message 10 of 10 (724 Views)