by LadyAriancia

Original Post

Books losing their names

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? Svenska
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.90.358.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them except High School Years
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Start writing a book, name it, when more than half done try to cancel out and redirect to a different task. Sim will not cancel and continue to write a bit longer but before the book is completely done they suddenly say they done and you get the book. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The name you put will be gone and it will be named the genre of book you where writing in. My two examples was Child and Non-fiction and if you move the book to copy it the meny will call it debug. 
What do you expect to see? The name I put for the book both on the book and in the meny.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It was after the pre-high school patch but not directly after, not until High School been out for a day my system without the pack suddenly started to do this. Before the issue the reward store still hade the gift icon and after the issue started the reward store became the big bar button.

My theory is that some files changed at the same time as the reward store got updated which somehow bugged out the writing books task.

Message 1 of 7 (675 Views)

Re: Books losing their names

Hero
@LadyAriancia Does it work if you write the book in one go ? It's possibly related to this: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Sim-restart-progress-after-loading-when-writing-a-book/m-p/963...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (637 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Since I made the report I haven't been able to re-create the issue. Even making my character start and stop a lot. Right now writing from beginning to end works, taking breaks works. So it might be some kind of lag issue affecting the not stopping to write and then lag finishing.
Message 3 of 7 (616 Views)

Hero
@LadyAriancia Thanks for getting back to me.

Can you duplicate the other issue I've linked above ?

Might have been a one off then.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (612 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I give it a try later today and get back to you.
Message 5 of 7 (609 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict I have tested one version of it, both for book writing and music writing. I started to write a song and a book with two different sims. When the book writer reached 50% I traveled to a different lot without exiting out of the task. When I returned to the home lot and restarted the book and the song both had gone back to 0%. To me it seemed that the book climbed back to 45% quicker than when she started to write it the first time. The song didn't seem to catch back quicker than the first time around.
Message 6 of 7 (596 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
@LadyAriancia The book did not lose the title name I gave it from doing this.
Message 7 of 7 (594 Views)