by cmgress

Original Post

Books Littering World

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All content installed minus Batuu, Bust the Dust, and the 90's kit.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Let the game run for a period of time and the issue accumulates.
What happens when the bug occurs? Steady accumulation of books in the neighborhood communal areas. In my Bramblewood lot, there are 9 books left by Sims visiting the area. These books are impossible to cleanup/put away/put in inventory/destroy.
What do you expect to see? Some sort of solution to tidy up these communal areas. Either a cheat to right click and destroy the book, a cheat to change ownership or remove ownership so they can put in their inventory as a method to remove these, upon first start up of a game remove this kind of litter. At this rate, I can't make use of the picnic baskets because all the picnic tables have books on them.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. It's always been present but seems much worse with Cottage Living. The "Back to the Old Days" N.A.P. may be exacerbating it, too.

It might be worthwhile to allow players some way to delete objects by clicking on them in order to help remove NPC caused clutter. 

I will try using my spellcaster to see if I can just inferniate the books away.

So inferniate only works if the book is on the ground.  Those chilling on picnic tables are invincible.

And since there's no trash can available, only a Scruberoo will get rid of the leftover ashes.

Found a workaround.  Using a spellcaster, you can use magic to cast the spell inferniate on a book lying on the ground in the world communal areas.  If the book is on a table, have your spellcaster begin to read the book and direct them to walk off a bit from the table.  From there you need to enabletestingcheats on so you can right click your spellcaster and choose to Reset Object.  If you don't do this, clicking out of the Read option will trigger the Sim to place the book back down on the picnic table.  The Reset Object forces the Sim to immediately drop the book on the ground.  You can then cast inferniate and have it turn to ash.  If there is a trash can nearby you can throw away the ash.  If not, you can use that same spellcaster use the magic spell Scruberoo and remove the ashes.

There's got to be a better way of cleaning up this proliferating book clutter though Frown

[CM - merged consecutive posts together]

Message 1 of 2 (601 Views)

Re: Books Littering World

Champion
@cmgress I'm not seeing this happening in my game, although I've never allowed them to vote in the Back to the Old Days NAP anywhere ever before, so I have no experience with it.

Their fix for the persistent clay blobs and future cubes were also done for mystery books spawned by the NAP, so they shouldn't hang around in the world like that unless something happened like a bunch of sims were reading at that picnic table and you travelled away and the books were left behind when the NPCs despawned?

Is this an older save that was active while the NAP was bugged during Eco Lifestyle release and did the NPCs get a chance to build up 99+ stacks of books in their inventories? Or is it a new save, because they really shouldn't have books that hang around in their inventories in a new save.
Message 2 of 2 (543 Views)