Re: Bonus STS Bug - No Activities

by Ilois4

Original Post

Bonus STS Bug - No Activities

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

bonusstsbug.PNG

This happened within hours of me unlocking the bonus event. The events were there at first but not interactive, and I can't start them manually by going to the event locations either, so I closed and reopened my game several times with my active sims all idle, hoping to clear any activities, but there weren't any pink checkmarks. I tried connecting through my phone network instead of wifi, reinstalling my game, and clearing the game cache, which did nothing. I decided to close the game for a few hours, hoping that would resolve the issue, and when I came back the activity page was blank like the image.

I retired my passive sims hoping it was just a busy bug, and they all left with no issue, but it unfortunately didn't resolve anything. The sims I retired were passive before any sweet treat events, and only my currently active sims participated. I did make the passive ones active, tried the idle restart trick before retiring them, and retired them as a last resort. I also tried making each of my active sims passive and then active again, but that unfortunately didn't resolve anything either. All that did was erase all the player sim contacts I had made with the active sims, including one that I had an ongoing relationship story with.

Additionally, I had an issue with a baby vanishing without a trace just prior to the bug, and some of the most recent wumples quest rewards being doubled. I'm worried the bug is connected to either of those issues. I play on two devices, but I do my best to make sure not to open the game on both to avoid desyncing issues.

Message 1 of 4 (873 Views)

Hero
@AllisInWndrlnd Hi, sorry for the late reply. If you made sims passive or retired who had done earlier any other STS event it’s possible that the events got stuck, as well as the sims in question.

Try clicking your passive/ retired sim in the family portrait, exit the family portrait and restart the app. Then check through the sims if you can see any changes in them or events in your game. Unfortunately if your STS has already ended, you’re maybe not able to see changes now. However it looks like that this issue might continue for you in the future STS.

I do not recommend playing on multiple device since I think it’s more prone to progress/item loss. (Well, the game itself is quite unstable already but two devices can make it even more unstable.)

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 2 of 4 (818 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Thank you for your reply. I did try the steps you suggested while the bonus event was still running, and unfortunately it didn't solve the issue. I was sad that future STS events might continue to be bugged, so I stopped playing as much and put off coming back to update on the issue.

However, I'm happy to update now that the activities are available to me with the current STS event. Since this STS is new and there are no bonus rounds, I won't know if that will continue to be bugged in the future, but at least new events seem to be ok. I've since stopped playing on two devices per your recommendation.

Message 3 of 4 (631 Views)

Hero
@AllisInWndrlnd Glad to hear that your current STS is okay! 😊

I suggest to restart the app occasionally when your sims aren’t in any events to see if some past events are stacking up. If you notice your sims complete an event they were not supposed to be doing at that moment, claim the rewards and restart the app. Also, restarting before making sims passive/ retire can help avoid issues with sims and events getting stuck.

CCP Hero Banner - Red.png

Message 4 of 4 (620 Views)