Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bodhi or Ezra is not working correctly under Ackbar lead

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? OnePlus 6
OS Version Android 8.1.0, OxygenOS 5.1.11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Bodhi Rook does not call assists under Ackbar lead with any of his abilities (Ezra does). One of them is broken.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Run Bodhi under Ackbar lead.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region
Country

In a territory battle recently I was running an Ackbar lead squad and only had a few rebels left after platooning so Bodhi was in the squad. Initially I thought both his specials counted as attacks (one directly decreases turn meter the other calls an assist of your choice). Anyway, I thought it was a bit weird but didn't think much more about. At some other point after I was running Ezra under Ackbar and it turns out he actually calls an extra assist on his special where he calls an ally of your choice to assist. Surely Ezra's special is more of an attack than Bodhi's, seeing as Ezra actually attacks himself after calling the ally to attack?

So Ezra's special results in 3-4 attacks on the opponent depending on whether he gets his own bonus attack, and Bodhi's only results in one attack. One of them is not working correctly.

Message 1 of 6 (1,137 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bodhi or Ezra is not working correctly under Ackbar lead

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bohdi's assist is an offensive move.  The very first thing that he does is "Inflict target enemy with Evasion Down for 2 turns."  That precludes it from Ackbar's lead's effect.

Ezra gets around the issue by effectively calling two assists (but no direct attacks on the enemy, even though the second assist he calls is himself).  Calling an assist is not classified as an offensive move.

View in thread

Message 2 of 6 (1,111 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Bohdi's assist is an offensive move.  The very first thing that he does is "Inflict target enemy with Evasion Down for 2 turns."  That precludes it from Ackbar's lead's effect.

Ezra gets around the issue by effectively calling two assists (but no direct attacks on the enemy, even though the second assist he calls is himself).  Calling an assist is not classified as an offensive move.

Message 2 of 6 (1,112 Views)

★★ Novice
Right. New question: Is Ezra supposed to be countered on his own assist? My BB-8 seem to counter Ezra on his assists from his own move.
Message 3 of 6 (1,048 Views)

★★★ Novice

Ok, so I believe we were originally told that assists would no longer trigger counter attacks back when they made the change.  (Originally, assists triggered counter attacks just like normal attacks do).

However, I think the intent was that attacks out of turn would not trigger counter attacks.  This seems to be the consistent behavior across similar situations.

For instance, like you note (and I used to find very weird, too) Ezra calls himself to assist, but he triggers counterattacks.

Also, JTRey can call BB8 to assist, then BB8 calls JTRey for attacking out of turn.  JTRey can then be counterattacked twice, since she attacked twice on her turn, even though only one was a counterattack.

Message 4 of 6 (999 Views)

★★ Novice

Yeah there seem to be some inconsistencies. Basically, you can be countered if you happen to get a bonus attack on your own turn. This behaviour also happens with the Millenium Falcon where someone might be countered twice as they happen to first trigger a Millenium Falcon assist and then be called for an assist themselves. As a bonus bug it's not always a ship gets protection up as well, for some reason.

However, I've pretty much given up on CG/EA sorting out bugs and adding content as opposed to adding more gear levels to buy.

Message 5 of 6 (986 Views)

@TMaagaard wrote:

However, I've pretty much given up on CG/EA sorting out bugs and adding content as opposed to adding more gear levels to buy.

It can certainly be frustrating, but most patches contain a list of bug fixes. They appear to be constantly working  on them, but bugs are prioritized and this probably has low visibility and  few reports so likely isn't a priority.