Accepted Solution

Bloodhounds Ultimate causes FPS drops

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Ralphyyyz
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Bloodhound
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Anywhere really
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Always and only when using Bloodhounds Ultimate
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? Yes
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? From the beginning
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) From launch day till today 17/02
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
How severe is your issue? Major impacts to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? The gameplay spikes a lot, dipping as low as 15 fps occassionally.
What should be happening instead? Running smooth
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Bloodhounds ultimate when engaging in a fight on xbox one x

Because the game is optimized for 4k on the one x, which is super lovely when playing anything but bloodhound, I think it's simply too stressful for the console with everything going on at the same time. I have lots of friends playing on the regular xbox one with zero issues, but every one x player I know is experiencing it. A real shame seeing as Bloodhound is such a vital legend, yet we're at a disadvantage if we decide to play him. Good thing I'm in love with the Wraith! 

Message 9 of 30 (5,328 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bloodhound Ult DESTROYS performance

Community Manager

This should be fixed now after yesterday's patch. Thank you all for your patience around this and providing the detailed reports.

• Fixed issue with bad framerate when using Bloodhound’s Ultimate.

Blueberry.png

View in thread

Message 28 of 30 (3,142 Views)

All Replies

Bloodhound fps drop PS4

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? alkson007
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. C_H_A_O_S1, xXMATPOC39RUSXx
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore, mirage
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere where area is open, especially burning forest
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Under ultimate of bloodhound
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS drops
What should be happening instead? Not drop
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Place 1 squad near bloodhound with teammates 2.Bloodhound press ultimate 3.enemy squad should fight with friendlies.

Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Please specify your platform model. Sony PlayStation 4
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? alkson007
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible. C_H_A_O_S1, xXMATPOC39RUSXx
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)? Bangalore, mirage
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. Everywhere where area is open, especially burning forest
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Under ultimate of bloodhound
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? No
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? 1
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm)
What happens when the bug occurs? FPS drops
What should be happening instead? Not drop
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1.Place 1 squad near bloodhound with teammates 2.Bloodhound press ultimate 3.enemy squad should fight with friendlies.

I think the bloodhound's HUD when in ultimate should be static, bangalore sometimes throw smoke and mirage sometimes ults.

Message 1 of 30 (5,530 Views)

Bloodhound FPS drop

★★ Novice

So I’ve been using Bloodhound since the release of the game and every now and then actually every time I use his main ability my FPS drops to around 40 FPS and it’s basically unplayable. I have 80-100 FPS when playing can someone help please?

Message 2 of 30 (5,351 Views)

Re: Bloodhound FPS drop

EA DICE Team
Hey @ThickAlien,, make sure that all drivers for windows and your gpu drivers are up to date. 

You can also try to do a Clean Boot to see if there any programs messing with Apex and turn off any overlay programs for example Discord or Nvidia experience.

Try running a CCleaner to remove old temp files and cache.

If nothing of the above works can you upload a dxdiag so we can see what drivers and hardware you are using 

Let me know if this works or not for you. Standard smile

/Atic
Message 3 of 30 (5,325 Views)
Highlighted

Re: Bloodhound fps drop PS4

★★★ Newbie

i got the same problem

Message 4 of 30 (5,451 Views)

ps4 (not pro) huge fps drops

★★★★★ Newbie

Almost whole time it's like fps below 30. Some locations like swamp houses even less fps. Scopes more than 2x giving another drop. Bloodhound ult feels like 10 fps. Almost unplayable.

Message 5 of 30 (4,888 Views)

★ Novice
What would I need to do if the same thing happens on a Xbox one x. Because I agree with everything he says. It always happens at the wrong time during battle and it is unplayable. Is there something I can do or you guys can look into
Message 6 of 30 (5,257 Views)

Bloodhound FPS drop

★ Novice

So I play on my Xbox one x and my main legend is bloodhound but it’s hard to use my ultimate sometimes because it will drop in FPS way to much to where it’s unusable. Is there something wrong my my Xbox or is it possible to look into the issue on your guys side? It’s to the point where I rarely use the ultimate because I lose gunfights that I should be losing just due to the FPS drop and you can’t cancel the ultimate either so your stuck with it either until it runs out or you get knocked 

Message 7 of 30 (5,336 Views)

★ Novice
Scratch that, just used it to go against a team and my FPS dropped instantly. This legend is unusable please look into the glitchy issue
Message 8 of 30 (5,326 Views)

★★ Novice

Tbh ive tried everything that he suggested me and nothing worked. I guess we'll have to wait for a patch or something like that cus even on PC nothing seems to work.. Really sukcs but its what it is.

Message 10 of 30 (5,161 Views)