Re: Blocking Issue

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Blocking Issue

★★ Guide

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Whenever someone uses an immobilizing special ability on a hero with a lightsaber block, the player being affected by the ability can be affected by the ability, but they are still granted a second or 2 after they are affected to activate their block and essentially confuse the system/game from applying the ability. This is different from fully blocking the ability before it's even applied. What happens is one hero/villian applies an immobilizing ability Kylo's Freeze, Emperor's ground lightning, Vader's Force Choke, Maul's Force choke. The second player gets hit by the ability and their block wasn't up when the ability was applied. The player affected as like 2 seconds or so to still apply the block and they won't be immobilized; however, they have to keep the block up until the person that applied the ability runs through the complete animation and/or cancels the ability. If the player affected lets go of the block they will then be blocked for the remaining portion of the immobilized ability. I can tell that this is happening because a lot of the time I am the one affected and I can still block afterward to prevent the ability from happening. My aimer with most of the time immediately lock right at my own characters feet when I have blocked the ability after it was already applied to me. I haven't tried yoda's ability to see if it's the same case, so some investigating should be done with yoda's force block ability too.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? willywonka7
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 05/27/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 01:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use immobilizing abilities listed above on another character that isn't blocking and then try to block a second or two after the ability was already applied and some of the time you will cancel the immobilize ability completely. You have to keep holding the block in order to continue preventing the immobilizing ability from being applied. You will know that it has blocked after the fact that the ability was applied if your screen looks immediately down at your feet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The person affected with the immobilizing ability can still move around normally and can still block; however, if they let go of block they will be immobilized for the remainder of the ability. The person affected their screen will also look down at their feet too.
What do you expect to see? The person affected by the ability should not get a last chance rebuttal to block the ability after the ability was already applied by using the saber block. Please select your region North America
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Whenever someone uses an immobilizing special ability on a hero with a lightsaber block, the player being affected by the ability can be affected by the ability, but they are still granted a second or 2 after they are affected to activate their block and essentially confuse the system/game from applying the ability. This is different from fully blocking the ability before it's even applied. What happens is one hero/villian applies an immobilizing ability Kylo's Freeze, Emperor's ground lightning, Vader's Force Choke, Maul's Force choke. The second player gets hit by the ability and their block wasn't up when the ability was applied. The player affected as like 2 seconds or so to still apply the block and they won't be immobilized; however, they have to keep the block up until the person that applied the ability runs through the complete animation and/or cancels the ability. If the player affected lets go of the block they will then be blocked for the remaining portion of the immobilized ability. I can tell that this is happening because a lot of the time I am the one affected and I can still block afterward to prevent the ability from happening. My aimer with most of the time immediately lock right at my own characters feet when I have blocked the ability after it was already applied to me. I haven't tried yoda's ability to see if it's the same case, so some investigating should be done with yoda's force block ability too.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? willywonka7
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 5/30/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) 01:00 PM
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use immobilizing abilities listed above on another character that isn't blocking and then try to block a second or two after the ability was already applied and some of the time you will cancel the immobilize ability completely. You have to keep holding the block in order to continue preventing the immobilizing ability from being applied. You will know that it has blocked after the fact that the ability was applied if your screen looks immediately down at your feet.
What happens when the bug occurs? The person affected with the immobilizing ability can still move around normally and can still block; however, if they let go of block they will be immobilized for the remainder of the ability. The person affected their screen will also look down at their feet too.
What do you expect to see? The person affected by the ability should not get a last chance rebuttal to block the ability after the ability was already applied by using the saber block.
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Message 1 of 6 (930 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

In this video you can check I use the BUG you are describing to trigger another BUG on purpose, so Devs can have a reproducible situation to fix these BUGs:

The Late Blocking BUG, described in this report, is easier to replicate. The Disabled Block BUG is a bit harder, but all explanation sits in this video. I wish they took the time to use their debugger tools while attempting to reproduce these BUGs by the method I described in the video. Let's see if this time around it goes forward

Message 2 of 6 (890 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm bumping this Dice because this is still an issue today 8/6/2018 and nothing has been done about it.

Message 3 of 6 (843 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

If they released Arcade Splitscreen for PC I could show how easy it is to reproduce this consistently. When I made that video we had the Splitscreen mod for PC, but now it's broken. In my experience, if you can reproduce a situation in an application, you just need to activate the DEBUG mode and then apply the method to reproduce the issue and you get on track to discover the cause of the BUG.

I can't understand why the devs can't do something like this for months and months and months.

Message 4 of 6 (836 Views)

★★ Novice
Yup still happening for me too. I reported this almost a year ago. Too busy making
Money.
Message 5 of 6 (779 Views)

★★★★ Guide

Still an issue, just used immobilize and pull on Luke and Rey, they werent blocking, but decided 2 seconds from my ability to block and they avoided the attack completely. Please rework the mechanics of the lightsaber and force use. The current mechanics are still broken since the release, if the foundation is bad, anything build on top of it will crumble.

Message 6 of 6 (675 Views)