by jules_are_us

Original Post

[NEEDS SAVES] Bladder need destroyed by fresh produce

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.77.146.1230
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have sim eat fresh produce (ex: bell pepper).
What happens when the bug occurs? When sims eats fresh produce the bladder need goes down by 3 arrows and doesn’t stop going down.
What do you expect to see? My sims not peeing herself three or four times a day because she ate a carrot.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Sim lives on lot with simple living and off the grid traits. 

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title

Message 1 of 11 (1,624 Views)

Re: Bladder need destroyed by fresh produce

★★★ Guide

There's an uncomfortable moodlet that sometimes happens when eating fresh produce that will cause this to happen. Should go away in a few sim hours, in the meantime stay near a toilet.

Message 2 of 11 (1,592 Views)

★★★★ Expert

Yeah, if you eat fresh produce, you have a chance of getting either a happy moodlet (how happy based on how good the produce is) or an uncomfortable "nature's revenge" moodlet where you have to rush to the toilet.

I suspect--but have no objective proof--that the tuning for this may have changed recently because I'm seeing the uncomfortable moodlet A LOT more often than I used to even with perfect produce. 

Message 3 of 11 (1,580 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice
I've been seeing this a lot too. Basically every time a harvestable is eaten.
But I'm playing a game with every lot challenge on so I assumed it was from one of them.
Can anyone confirm if it's happening without lot challenges, or if any lot challenges are meant to do this?
Message 4 of 11 (1,525 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I haven't played with it since the update, but I believe this only happens on off-the-grid lots. And it does seem to be an intentional feature—eat fresh produce off-the-grid, and your sim will either get a happy moodlet from the all-natural snack, or an uncomfortable moodlet and a destroyed bladder need.

Message 5 of 11 (1,496 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

For what it's worth, I've not gotten a positive moodlet once in the game I mentioned. And all the harvestables are perfect quality.

Message 6 of 11 (1,456 Views)

Champion
@PorcelainMartlet That does seem odd. Since using golden pulse to make all my plants perfect, I seem to get only the positive moodlet.

The only lot challenge I have on is Simple Living
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 7 of 11 (1,441 Views)

★ Novice

I have this problem too and it's really annoying. It doesn't matter which sim it is, without fail they wet themselves several times after eating one fresh fruit or vegetable. It's so hard to "live off the land" when sims can't even eat their own produce! I'd love to see this fixed.

Message 8 of 11 (1,260 Views)

EA Staff
@carra76

Hello!
If anyone of you are still encountering this (without mods), would you be willing to share your save file(s)?

If so, please send me a private message with a link to the file.

Instructions here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 11 (1,208 Views)

★★★ Newbie

My toddlers are at risk of being lost due to this bug. I had to reload from an earlier save due to threats of it and my toddlers only red bar was the bladder. I didn't realize this was an issue so tossed apples into my toddlers inventories to prevent them from being taken while the adults are making them food. I will try and get my video sent later of this. My game is on Xbox. I have all the add-ons and no mods.

Message 10 of 11 (1,108 Views)