Original Post

Black screen & no audio

★★★ Novice

Product: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Platform:Xbox Series X
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
Please provide your Xbox gamertag or PSN ID. (Optional) xochantel
In what game mode did the bug occur? Everywhere
Summarize your bug Sound stops working completely, also game crashes more now on Xbox series X. When restarting game, loading the game back up, the screen goes black. Happening to myself, and 2 others I play with all on Xbox series X.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Not sure? Play on Xbox series x, try to find audio bug, and also black screen bug. Happens constantly, sometimes 5+ times in an hour.
Which character were you playing when the bug occurred? Peashooter
What upgrades had you equipped with this character? Doesn’t matter, does it every character I play with.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)

Have nothing right now, just restarted Xbox.

Message 1 of 12 (7,023 Views)

Re: Black screen & no audio

★★ Novice

Seeing exactly the same issues with this game on xbox series x... Doesn't matter what character, mode or map it seems. Had this on pvp and pve. Sound consistently goes first and then enemies start to appear under the map or invisible. Eventually the game dies and boots to home screen. I've always been able to log back in and play but this last time I can't log on at all... Just the initial splash screen and then a black screen which never goes.. I have to quit game to get out. Unplayable since the weekend.

I am currently trying to reinstall the game so will report back! Not great though.

Message 2 of 12 (6,967 Views)

★★ Novice

Reinstalled.. No difference...

Message 3 of 12 (6,965 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I am playing on a Series S and experiencing this same issue across all modes.  The sound will cut out completely and in some cases enemy ai will become invisible only being able to see their health bars. When this happens if I close the game and then try to reopen it, it will give me a black screen. I would then have to restart the console in order to play the game again. 

Message 4 of 12 (6,912 Views)

★★★ Novice

Yep same here, enemies go invisible as well. Hopefully they see this, this needs to be fixed. Frustrating having to reset your console constantly to play this game. Never had an issue until new Xbox.

Message 5 of 12 (6,906 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

I’ve been having this exact same problem, it occurs randomly and no matter what character/game mode. The only solution is to completely restart the Xbox, and even then sometimes it just happens again. This is the only game that this happens on, and it even affects the sound on other games if I try loading them up after this bug occurs on BFN. This really needs to be fixed.

Message 6 of 12 (6,900 Views)

★ Guide

I have seen this as well it can occur 1 or 2 times per day.  I also had the enemies turn invisible once after the sound quit.

Message 7 of 12 (6,774 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie

Yep, same issue, sound drops out completely and enemy goes invisible. Playing on Xbox series X

Message 8 of 12 (6,698 Views)

★★★ Novice

I have the same exact issue.... Is there something incompatible with series X??? 🤔 

Message 9 of 12 (6,543 Views)

★★ Novice

Having the same exact issues. Anyone found a fix yet?

Message 10 of 12 (6,445 Views)