Black screen after landing on Overseer in Campaign

by Novaprospekt518

Original Post

Re: Black screen after landing on Overseer in Campaign

★★★ Newbie
@Novaprospekt518 I have the same problem, also, the IGN guide says you can take the bomber on this mission but it doesn't appear as an option for me.
Message 11 of 29 (1,478 Views)

★★ Novice

Unclear if the last patch changed something here (the changelog does not mention it) or if the problem was in front of the PC.

I noticed that the missiles are already loaded when continuing at the checkpoint and I could finish mission 10.

After that mission, boarding the overseer works as expected.

Message 12 of 29 (1,463 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@kahphi I don’t know if you got past this yet but what I did for that mission was I set it to story mode and just flew toward the obj. Shooting randomly. I accomplished this on my first try so it’s not too hard.
Message 13 of 29 (1,361 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie
@Novaprospekt518They just did an update and it's still not fixed. Yayyy Edit: I'm on playstation 4 but exact same issue.
Message 14 of 29 (1,298 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem on Xbox One X, on mission 10, as a Tie Bomber.

Message 15 of 29 (1,249 Views)

★★ Novice

So frustrated...

I use Rift s - 2070 GTX. I can no longer play this game. When I turn head in menus I get black screen lag stutter around edges. In game when ships first appear its like i am playing the powerpoint slideshow version, until the game catches up with itself and smooths out( barely). I am on mission 13 at the moment and when all the frigates appear its an impossible stuttering nightmare.

Im no tech expert but its clear to me its when new assets are loaded into the scene it has a major bugout. To make matters worse when I dock and try to return to the fight I get a black screen that I have to quit out of.

The annoyance is I love this game and these issues have arisen with the numerous patches. I have tried every desperate fix on this forum to no avail.

Please,please look into this and fix in the next update.

Message 16 of 29 (1,224 Views)

★★★ Newbie

If you're stuck on the campaign mission where you have to enter the overseer,you only enter it once,then when you respawn your load out will be pre equipped with the baradium missiles you need,just fly towards the starhawk and move on and ignore the return to the overseer

Message 17 of 29 (1,082 Views)

★ Novice

I'm having this problem on PC in VR, so it is not fixed yet.

Also, similar to an earlier poster, I don't get the Tie Bomber as an option.

Message 18 of 29 (976 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Novaprospekt518 @everyone I think I figured it out I simply paused my game when I saw I already had the Barradium missles already in my load out I just started heading to the starhawk and continued the game hope that helps y'all 😎😎
Message 19 of 29 (820 Views)

★ Novice

I had this issue during Mission 10: Terisa's Revenge, on a PS4 Pro.

Returning to the hangar doesn't fix the issue. During mission preparation, you can only select the TIE Bomber. If this means you shouldn't be able to switch fighters mid-mission, they shouldn't be showing up in the redeployment screen.

You can actually press X to select a different fighter, and fly it out of the hangar. You'll have to restart the checkpoint afterwards of course. Weird thing is, I flew out an Interceptor and the Touchpad Loadout didn't match the fighter's actual loadout.

Here's a vid:

https://youtu.be/cLAJoMOwovQ

Time stamps in description/comments.

0:06 Black screen after redeployment
0:43 Returning to the hangar doesn't fix the issue
0:57 Loadout
1:18 Restarting checkpoints fixes the issue (so long as you stay out of the hangar)

1:32 I select an Interceptor, and when I restart the checkpoint 1:50, you can see that I did fly it out of the hangar, even though the Bomber was still showing as being selected in the redeployment screen.

The loadout shown when pressing the touchpad 1:57 doesn't match the loadout the ship actually has.

Message 20 of 29 (789 Views)