★★★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Squadrons
Platform:Steam-PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? Novaprospekt518
Are you playing in VR? No
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Other
Please explain 'Other' Campaign missions
What were you doing when the bug occurred? Step by Step detail is helpful. In any campaign mission when playing as the Empire where you have the ability to land on your capital ship (Overseer Star Destroyer), for example in missions 9 or 10: 1) Land in the Star Destroyer hangar while playing 2) Disembark from the hangar to re-join the fight (press spacebar or "B" key on PC) *glitch occurs*
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Any campaign mission as Empire after landing in your capital ship Star Destroyer to repair and trying to rejoin the battle the issue occurs.
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 07.11.20 16:00
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Can play, but it's highly frustrating
What happens when the bug occurs? After landing in the capital ship hangar which repairs your ship, as soon as you rejoin the battle (by pressing B or spacebar or any key), you are stuck with a black screen and cannot see the rest of space, your ship cockpit/HUD, targeting reticle, or any other action. The only thing you see are the target brackets/objectives (Destroy ship etc) of any current campaign objectives at that time. You are otherwise flying your ship and can crash into things or get blown up, and the keyboard shortcuts all work. I can fire my guns, (blindly) shoot at targets and deal damage, fly around (blindly). I just have no vision of space/cockpit, or any HUD graphic input of what is happening and the game is essentially broken.
What do you expect to see? I expect to return to my cockpit view since my ship is now back flying in space to rejoin the fight. The game does not transition from the capital ship hangar loadout screen back to the cockpit/space battle as it should. The only way to fix the glitch is by restarting from prior checkpoint.
Which ship were you playing? If not applicable, just answer "no" or "none." Tie Fighter, Tie Interceptor, Tie Bomber
What components were you using? The issue occurs regardless of which components I am using
Which customizations (if any) were you using? No customizations, it is campaign mode.

While playing in the single player campaign, I am essentially unable to take advantage of my supporting capital ship (Star Destroyer) to repair my ship mid-combat (such as in missions 9 or 10) because if I land in the ship hangar to repair, upon re-deploying to the fight I am stuck with a black screen and can no longer see anything in space or my fighter cockpit/HUD. I can blindly fire my guns, maneuver my ship, take damage, etc. but the screen is black. I can target ships but cannot see anything that is happening. The sound is still intact. Objective target brackets still appear or "Destroy target" GUI still appears, but no cockpit HUD is present -- it's all black and it cannot be fixed without restarting the campaign mission from a checkpoint to force a reload. 

Message 1 of 29 (12,528 Views)

Re: Black screen after landing on Overseer in Campaign

★★★ Newbie

Did this ever get solved?

I am having the exact same problem.

Message 2 of 29 (12,269 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Newbie

@Malvolio3518Same problem here. I stopped playing for a couple of weeks to see if this somehow was solved, but it's the same.

Message 3 of 29 (12,242 Views)

★★★ Newbie
@Novaprospekt518 Exactly the same here
Message 4 of 29 (12,229 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Me too. I assume in the background of the "choose a new ship" hangar bay screen there are supposed to be some graphics, e.g. the ship model itself, but it's just black, and then I can't see after launching, exactly as the OP says.

Message 5 of 29 (12,156 Views)

★★ Novice

I am having this issue in mission 10. As it requires you to return to the hangar I can't continue the story due to this.

When first starting the mission, landing/reloading worked fine but I had to quit the game before finishing the mission. When loading the checkpoint, the screen goes black except for HUD & UI elements as soon as the hangar is entered after the landing sequence.

Tried changing screen/graphics settings, restarting the mission, restarting the game and aborting + restarting the mission.

Please fix this.

Message 6 of 29 (12,062 Views)

★★ Guide
@kahphi You can just restart from checkpoint and continue, but yeah, this bug is a pain.
Message 7 of 29 (12,049 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

@ElphabaI wish it would. But returning to the hangar is an objective in mission 10 and the checkpoint is just before that. The screen goes black on each try, no matter of reload/restart, window mode, etc. Alt+tab does not help either.

Message 8 of 29 (12,044 Views)

★★★ Newbie

You can, but in a mission where you HAVE to board the overseer after that checkpoint, it means you can't move forward. That's the spot I'm in now.

Message 9 of 29 (12,011 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Novice

If I remember right I may have just flown a bit with the black screen. Not sure if that triggered another checkpoint or if dying respawns you with the correct loadout. I was able to finish the campaign even with this bug occurring every time.

It may be fixed now though. I played some campaign and was able to board the Overseer and change ships.

Edit: Definitely not fixed completely. Or maybe just for the Imperial side. In mission 14 I tried to change ships at the MC-75 and spawned with a black screen as before.

Message 10 of 29 (11,891 Views)