★★★★ Novice

Product: Anthem
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
AMD or Nvidia Model Number NVIDIA GTX 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 8GB
Please select your region North America
Were you on an Expedition when the issue occurred? No
Where did this issue occur? Please include menu name or in game location. Game cannot even properly start or if I am able to I can only do so in borderless windowed with a very big hit to performance. Fullscreen only gives me a pink/purple screen
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 15.02.19 14:00
Summarize your bug My game cannot start. I get the Dolby Vision pop up and it goes to a black screen until I force shutdown my PC. Nothing works. Not alt+ctrl+del, not Alt+f4, not Alt+Tab. It forces me to have to shutdown my PC by force. It happens 100% of the time until I turn off the HDMI Deep Color UHD settings on my TV which I have never have to do so for any game or movie before. If I am able to force the config file to be on borderless windowed the game sometimes starts, about 80% of the time the black screen comes back, but when it doesn't the game play badly. Trying to go fullscreen makes the screen purple and pink.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just use an UHD TV with the game. AS far as I know this happened and was never acknowledged/fixed after the demo. I have a LG b7a.
What happens when the bug occurs? BLACKS SCREEN! Locks my computer. Even when I go back to borderless windowed and I get it to play a pink/purple screen I am forced to do a shutdown even after hours of having closed the game because it just messes with the HDR settings of my pc/tv.
What should be happening instead? I should be able to at least have an option to turn dolby vision/hdr off for the GAME not my TV or PC because it is causing harm to it with the multiple(20+) forced shutdowns. I should be able to see the game.

IS this really so stupid that you need to put text here but it doesn't tell you anywhere?

Message 1 of 9 (446 Views)

Re: Black Screen/Dolby Vision bugs on UHD TVs

★★★★ Novice

Just adding that myself and many others have this problem. Please fix this seemingly simple issue. I haven't really wanted to play the game because I have to use a workaround just to get the game to start.

Message 2 of 9 (423 Views)

★★★★ Novice
All they have to do is acknowledge the issue and turn off the Dolby vision/Dolby HDR or at least give an option to turn it off.

But nothing. This has really soured my experience. Spending 3+hours trying to figure out how to play a game in a broken state while missing out the long weekend play with friends will ruin a game for anyone.
Message 3 of 9 (407 Views)

★★★★ Novice

I wanted to throw my name into the list of people angered by this problem. Please fix or at least acknowledge the problem. 

Message 4 of 9 (389 Views)

★★★★ Novice

Add me to the list of people with this issue. LG C8 and RTX 2080 Ti.

Give us a toggle for HDR on/off, or better yet either fix the Dolby Vision implementation or give us the option to use HDR 10 instead.

Message 5 of 9 (371 Views)

★★★★ Novice
I have the same issue on a RTX 2080 with an LG B8.

On an other thread related to the same issue a guy apparently found the solution to this bug. I didn't try it so I can't confirm it works but it's worth a try so here is his original message:

Hey, I think I found a solution. As previously stated, I'm on a 1080Ti / i7 4790k / SSD / 16g RAM on an LG C7P 65" OLED, and after tinkering with settings and reading some forums I fixed it on my system. Try going into the NVIDIA control panel under Change Resolution, and below your resolution choices you'll need to select Use NVIDIA color settings / Desktop color depth: Highest / Output color format YCbCr420 / Output color depth: 12 bpc, and the game should launch with sound, and you should be able to exit to desktop without a hard reset. Hope this helps.
Message 6 of 9 (362 Views)

Community Manager

@Scofield785 @Maaseru85 @GotTheShakes @White_Worm1 @feny_q 

The pink/purple screen issue is a Dolby Vision issue that is being investigated currently.

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Technical-Issues/Anthem-Turns-Purple-in-Full-Screen/m-p/7492744#M7913

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If a post Answers your question please click on Accept as Solution.
Thank players and help them 'Level Up' by giving them XP.
Thank you for sharing your gaming expertise with your fellow players!
Message 7 of 9 (342 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

@EA_Barry 

But this is not the main issue I reported. This is the issue that comes from the work around to the black screen.

Why isn't anyone acknowledging that issue?

If I change my PC and TV settings to work around the issues and force the game into borderless windowed at 1080p then I get the pink/purple screen but if I do the normal way I want to play it is a black screen that forces me to shutdown my pc.

Why can't you just turn off the Dolby vision implementation. It is clearly very broken for people gaming on UHD TVs or at least acknowledge the REAL issue here not some extra issue from a work around...

Message 8 of 9 (333 Views)
Highlighted

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Also why did it take 4 weeks to acknowledge this issue?

When will we get a patch then if it took 4 weeks to acknowledge the demo issue.

This is so disappointing.

Message 9 of 9 (331 Views)

fifa-18-promo-circle

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

all-ea-help-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help