Black And White/White And Black Gourmet Cakes Have No Texture

by RipleyGamer

Original Post

Black And White/White And Black Gourmet Cakes Have No Texture

★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? PC: 1.82.99.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Every single one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Go into the fridge and on Cook A Gourmet Meal select either White and Black Cake or Black and White Cake and cook one.
What happens when the bug occurs? The Black and White and White and Black Cakes have no fondant textures and are just plain.
What do you expect to see? The fondant textures on the cakes.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

For a good while now whenever my sims make the Black and White Cake or the White and Black Cake, the fondant texture is no longer visible and the cakes are just plain white. It is only these two cakes with the problem. All other cakes (White, Blue, Chocolate, Strawberry, Hamburger, Coconut, Honey, Zombie) have their textures.

I use a AMD Radeon RX 6800 Graphics Card that is 1 year old.

Message 1 of 8 (859 Views)

Re: Black And White/White And Black Gourmet Cakes Have No Texture

Hero
@RipleyGamer have you tried a game repair yet ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (844 Views)

★ Apprentice

Yes, it doesn't change, it's still without textures.

Message 3 of 8 (842 Views)

Hero
@RipleyGamer Wonder if there's an issue with that card same as with the mirror reflection.

Would you mind testing if this workaround helps any: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/WORKAROUND-Reflections-show-backwards-in-mirrors-Radeon-RX-600... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (824 Views)

★ Apprentice

The workaround only made leaves show up on the cake, the black and white fondant texture is still missing.

Message 5 of 8 (805 Views)

Hero
@RipleyGamer Very odd. Maybe some of the users in the other thread can check if they have the same issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 8 (801 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

This is not a bug. Those pictures are 100% the "Rustic Wedding Cake Override" from the Plumbob Tea Society.

Remove that from your cc and you'll get the B&W cakes back. If you've already removed your cc don't forget to delete your localthumbcache so it refreshed with a new one.

Message 7 of 8 (755 Views)

Hero
@Purpleflavored Thanks for that info.

Tagging @RipleyGamer to makes sure mods are not active anymore.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 8 (731 Views)
sims-all-characters

Want more Sims?

Check out our Sims forums for tutorials and all things Sims.

View more

ts4-promo

Having trouble connecting to your game?

Try these steps first to clear up any problems you may have when connecting to an EA game.

Troubleshoot and test your connection

ts4-promo

Forget your EA Account ID or password?

Reset, update, or link your account information.

View More on EA Help