Svar: Binoculars never come up

by EA_Atic

Original Post

Binoculars never come up

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug Binoculars don't work at all. I've tried changing keybindings just in case. Even in War Stories missions where it specifically prompts you to use binoculars tapping or holding Q never brings them up.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Seems pretty self explanatory, try to bring up binoculars.
What happens when the bug occurs? NO error or anything, I just stay on the same weapon.
Please select your region North America
In what game mode did the bug occur? Single Player Campaign
In what Single Player War Story did the bug occur? The Runner
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GeForce GTX 970
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

I played the game last year sometime and didn't have this problem at all. Same PC, have not changed any hardware since then. Tapping or holding Q never brings up binoculars at all. I've seen references online to changing the ADS settings, but no such option appears in the menu for me. 

Message 1 of 9 (1,413 Views)

Re: Binoculars never come up

★★★ Newbie
I dont know man, i dont usually use my PC for battlefield 1 but i brought it up and my binoculars worked just fine..
Message 2 of 9 (1,372 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @gottcha83 What mission are you having this issue on? 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 9 (1,344 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I'm actually the one having a problem. It happened in a couple places, but right now I'm at the beginning of the second mission in The Runner.

Message 4 of 9 (1,330 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @litlfrog Thanks for the information, what other places are you getting it? 

/Atic 

Message 5 of 9 (1,277 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Same issue. Spot working, but not binoculars. This is in all missions.

Message 6 of 9 (1,113 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Actually, they work at the start of the mission, but break once I pick up a weapon from a crate

Message 7 of 9 (1,086 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I guess there's not going to be a fix at this point. I don't recall having the problem on my first playthrough, but if a bug this obvious exists and doesn't get fixed I figure I can't trust EA to buy another game from them. 

Message 8 of 9 (1,081 Views)

Re: Binoculars never come up

★★★ Newbie

I'm having the same problem on X-box ever since the last battlefield update.

Message 9 of 9 (1,069 Views)