Biggs X-wing not applying target lock when brought in as reinforcement

★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Nokia 8
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 585984312
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug When bringing Biggs in as a reinforcement he isn't always applying target lock despite level 3 of Engine Tuning stating that it can't be Evaded or Resisted. This results in Biggs not taunting when he is brought in.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sadly it isn't consistent, although I have had it happen a number of times. I typically bring Biggs in as my second reinforcement and at least four times in the past couple weeks this has occurred. I haven't yet been able to see a pattern.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Nokia 8
OS Version 9
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 585984312
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Occasionally (10% - 49%)
Summarize your bug When bringing Biggs in as a reinforcement he isn't always applying target lock despite level 3 of Engine Tuning stating that it can't be Evaded or Resisted. This results in Biggs not taunting when he is brought in.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Sadly it isn't consistent, although I have had it happen a number of times. I typically bring Biggs in as my second reinforcement and at least four times in the past couple weeks this has occurred. I haven't yet been able to see a pattern.
Connection Type Mobile
Please select your region North America
Country Canada

Message 1 of 6 (615 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Biggs X-wing not applying target lock when brought in as reinforcement

Additionally, Ghost is immune to target lock while phantom is present (Assuming that skill is upgraded).

View in thread

Message 3 of 6 (592 Views)

All Replies

Hello there,

Can you provide us with team compositions that you are facing when this happens?

There are several things that could be occurring, for example when facing Han's Falcon under an Ackbar lead it will cleanse the target lock from an ally if it is the third debuff. Alternatively, the Ebon Hawk can provide target lock immunity to it's allies through the "Chaff" buff, and immunity > can't be evaded or resisted.

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

Message 2 of 6 (600 Views)

Additionally, Ghost is immune to target lock while phantom is present (Assuming that skill is upgraded).

★★ Novice

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. It's the Ghost - Phantom interaction that is blocking the target lock. The language though is a bit at issue. How can Ghost be immune to a debuff that can't be evaded or resisted? I mean I get it, yet its like an immovable object meeting an unstoppable force, which is to say the language needs to be clarified.

Message 4 of 6 (570 Views)

Actually, I feel they are pretty consistent and intentional with their language.

Immune > Evade > Resist > Apply

For example - in this situation, Biggs' X-Wing reinforces and attempts to place Target Lock on Ghost.

Ghost is immune. Target lock just doesn't happen. It isn't Evaded (because the attack can't be evaded), it doesn't Resist (because it can't be Resisted), and it can't be applied because ghost is immune. So...Target Lock just never occurs.

Consider phase 3 of the Heroic Sith raid. Darth Traya's sabers are all immune to debuffs. Traya is not immune, but has a very high tenacity, so she resists frequently. If I use a squad with Commander Luke Skywalker (CLS) as the leader, then anytime an enemy Resists a debuff, all rebels will gain 5% turn meter.

When CLS uses his basic attack, he attempts to apply two debuffs - Speed Down, and Defense Down. If he attacks a saber, they are immune. They don't Resist these effects - and so my rebels gain no turn meter. Conversely, if I attack Traya with CLS basic attack, one of 3 things will happen:
1) She will evade the attack. No debuffs will be placed, but neither will they be resisted because the attack didn't land.
2) She will be hit, but will Resist one or both debuffs. My Rebels will gain 5% turn meter for each resisted debuff.
3) She will be hit, and both debuffs will be placed on her. My Rebels will not gain turn meter from his leadership (but will gain turn meter if I have a zeta 'It Binds All Things').

Regardless of what happens when CLS attacks a saber, no turn meter will be granted, because no debuffs are ever applied or resisted. That's the difference of "Immune" and that's why they were very careful to use that verbiage.

Hero (Retired)

It's not so much the immovable object issue. Ghost isn't resisting anything, it's immune. So whether or not it can be resisted is moot--it simply has no effect.

Message 6 of 6 (513 Views)