Bespin Map-- Fall under the map

by DarthEggbert69

Original Post

Bespin Map-- Fall under the map

★★★ Novice

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Fell through the map on Bespin. For orientation, looking from the inside of the building out to Slave I. I was on the top floor of the right side. I (Luke) jumped down in pursuit of Boba Fett (this is in HvV if that matters) and fell through the map.
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? datheggbert69
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 04/16/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone? PST - GMT - 8:00
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I tried to recreate in-game (in Arcade mode) but could not. Try jumping off the balcony into the corner of the lower level. I think maybe Boba damaged me and knocked me back through? I know there are clipping issues sometimes where part of the player goes into the wall. I think there is a similar report for the Left side of the door leading out to Slave I
What happens when the bug occurs? Player falls through under the map. I ran around for a while before I finally died with the "Defeated" message. It was like I ran out of bounds but without the grey screen and timer warning but it lasted WAAAAAAY longer than 10 seconds. Also, strangely, I think the other players could see me or at least they could still see my Target marker (I was the Target) and Boba Fett shot his concussion missile at me and I did get the concussion effect,
What do you expect to see?
Please select your region North America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number GTX 1080

There are two pictures (too big to send uncompressed)

One shows the corner where it happened.

One shows me under the map. Sorry it was a bad picture I tried to take quickly because I wasn't sure how long it would last.

Message 1 of 11 (1,022 Views)

Re: Bespin Map-- Fall under the map

★★★ Novice

I can't recreate it on the right side but over on the left if you run and then Dash forward into the door that doesn't open, you can fall through the map. That is pretty easy to reproduce.

Message 2 of 11 (1,014 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Also saw this on HvV, first time I played HvV on this map.  I fell thru as Phasma, then Finn fell down there, too, we were both the targets for our teams.  Then Rey was the target in another round, and she ended up there, too, but somehow she got out, maybe using her jump skills.  So is it connected with being the target? Or have non-targeted players ended up there?  

Message 3 of 11 (1,002 Views)

Champion (Retired)

Also, I think I fell through the floor in a different location, one of the more central rooms. 

Message 4 of 11 (1,001 Views)

★★★ Novice

You can do it on the left side door in Arcade mode so nothing to do with the target at least on that side and I would assume the same on the right.

Message 5 of 11 (989 Views)

Champion
Happened to me as Bossk. Was not the Target, HvV. Odd as hell. Tried to check out the area, but it was like in a tube with enough roome to move 20-30% left or right. Front and back was a little better. There was a floor under me but more like a ledge.
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 6 of 11 (966 Views)

★ Novice

Had the bug also but I went through the wall and fell through map. I also playing on blast. https://account.xbox.com/en-US/gameclip/99ae91ae-0f1c-40a4-9992-f18b37c210ea?gamertag=autismoboii&sc...

Message 7 of 11 (955 Views)

★★★ Novice

Here's a YouTube video of the glitch.  Cheaters were using it when they were the target on HvV.

https://youtu.be/JRDhwaH4yc8

Message 8 of 11 (947 Views)

EA DICE Team
Hey everyone!

Thanks for the reports and information with great videos! Standard smile

I have sent this on to the team for investigation.

/Atic
Message 9 of 11 (919 Views)

Champion
Wonder if it was fixed..?
GLHF - Good Luck Have Fun.
If any message helps you, please give it a bit of XP!
Volunteer EA Answers HQ. I dont work for EA.
Message 10 of 11 (909 Views)