Bespin 2 Out of Bounds Glitches already found!

by RogueZeroRendar

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bespin 2 Out of Bounds Glitches already found!

★★★★★ Expert

Product: Star Wars Battlefront II
Platform:PC
What is your issue related to? General
Summarize your bug Bespin has 2 out of bounds glitchy spots
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? RogueZeroRendar
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Can you tell us the date (MM/DD/YYYY) that you saw the bug? 03/22/2018
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) Anytime
In what game mode did the bug occur? Heroes vs. Villains
What is your time zone?
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Follow the video I posted below
What happens when the bug occurs? Boba Fett can't be followed
What do you expect to see? A fix for this
Please select your region South America
AMD or Nvidia Model Number

Video proof is here: https://youtu.be/J9aPtMuHo5c

I don't want to be rude, but seeing the overflow of negative comments in the main forum because of new bugs, poor balancing decisions, hidden information that wasn't brought with the patch notes, and many more, 2 glitches in the new map that are easy to discover seem to add up to the general discontent. I can't believe a triple A game like this one can be so full of bugs and other issues.

And please! Don't take a full month to fix this! As an example, Infinite Jetpack BUG in Jetpack Cargo is still an issue, although I reported it here sometime ago.

The message has been sent to the team because @EA_Atic answered in the report that he has sent it to the team, yet the mode is back, and the bug still exists.

Message 1 of 8 (1,276 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bespin 2 Out of Bounds Glitches already found!

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

While they fixed the Skywalking Out of Bounds glitch back in May 2018, it would take more then a year to fix the other one reported here. But upon testing this last year I found it was fixed. I just didn't come here to mark this as solved yet, but I'm doing it now.

View in thread

Message 8 of 8 (684 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Expert

One month has almost passed, new patch has been released, DICE didn't touch on these Out of Bounds Glitches. What's so hard that keeps the dev team from fixing this? And also the White Doors, which isn't featured in this BUG report, are still with their collision bugged and people can fall through inside Bespin. New Map came with 3 Glitchy spots that ruin HvV, all of them were reported in the first day of Bespin Map's release, and nothing was done.

How can it be so hard? It's not like remaking the collision overlay of objects, as both on Death Star and Endor it wasn't done that way. There the team just put a metallic box behind the Out of Bounds entrance and no one could enter again, why not do this to Bespin as well? And about the Sky Ceiling, just extend it far away into the redzone and no one will be able to exploit it, like on Hoth.

This is sad, trust on the team dwindles even more with things like this. I hoped to play Battlefront II to learn the game, get better and have fun. It seems most of the time I'm BUG/Glitch Hunting and trying to discover methods to avoid or repair bugged/glitchy situations. It's very frustrating. Not to mention the game going upside down in terms of rules and strategies on every other patch.

Message 2 of 8 (1,123 Views)

EA DICE Team

Hey @RogueZeroRendar Thanks for the report and information! 

This feedback have been sent on to the team. 

/Atic 

Message 3 of 8 (1,090 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Thanks @EA_Atic, I hope this accelerates the fixing process.

Message 4 of 8 (1,083 Views)

★★★★★ Expert

Still nothing done about it. I recorded gameplay yesterday and I managed to do all 3 glitches in the same match. The most upvoted topic about the other glitch which isn't present in this report is here: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Bespin-map-door-bug/m-p/6725524#M12102

This has been ruining HvV on this map, as it's hard not to fight a few rounds inside the Glitchland everytime this map is chosen. It was discovered not a full day after this map was released in patch 2.0. It's a simple matter of reworking the collision layer or putting an impassable object behind the glitch spot, like they did with other issues of this nature (verified on Endor and Death Star II).

Message 5 of 8 (1,047 Views)

Champion (Retired)

I hate this glitch because I keep ending up in glitchland by accident.  I have no idea how I'm getting there, and then I'm stuck (I've seen video of people doing it on purpose, but I'm not doing what they are doing to get there, it's like I randomly fall through the floor).  I loved this map in BF1, especially the game where we had to blow up the generators.  The map did not glitch like this in BF1.  I'm guessing they imported the map from BF1, and something in the code of the new game doesn't click with the old map.  I've often wished for the old maps to be in the new game, but not if it is going to be game-breakingly glitchy.  

Message 6 of 8 (1,043 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

@Alliecat7803

Whenever you're in close proximity to any unopenable white door, stay away from it. Every instance of the White Door is prone to this BUG, and may lead you into glitchland. It's a problem in the object.

Importing the map from BF1 isn't an easy process. I bet the collision overlay of objects in this map couldn't be imported and had to be redone. I'm not sure in the other game, but here we have collision barriers of at keast 3 natures:

- that doesn't allow anything to pass through;

- that only allow shots to pass through;

- that only allow players to pass through.

And those can have a texture or not, it's unrelated to who can or cannot pass through it.

They probably did a bad job drawing the collision overlay on the White Door Object and this resulted in all instances allowing anyone to fall to glitchland. This BUG is so problematic that every Bespin HvV match has at least one player going there to hide frequently. Many times we have 4v4 on glitchland

Message 7 of 8 (1,018 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Expert

While they fixed the Skywalking Out of Bounds glitch back in May 2018, it would take more then a year to fix the other one reported here. But upon testing this last year I found it was fixed. I just didn't come here to mark this as solved yet, but I'm doing it now.

Message 8 of 8 (685 Views)