[FIXED] Belted Cardigan causes Sims to stretch to the side

by 1Wolf2052

Original Post

Re: Stretched Sim to the Side

★★★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Hah, I was just coming back to say I found it in the everyday "blouses" category of basegame! Glad you found it though, hahaha.
Message 11 of 88 (1,700 Views)

Strange body glitch after last SDX drop - how to fix?

★★★★★ Novice

Yesterday everything was normal as far as I could tell. Got the SDX-drop, went into game, but didn't have time to stay for very long, though.

When I logged in today, the sight that greeted me was almost straight out of a horror film. One of my sim's friend had spawned outside my sim's cottage (she wasn't there when I closed the game yesterday), but her torso had been separated from her body and was now floating next to her instead with fingers the length of branches.

So I exited without saving, did a repair game and went back in, but to no avail, the monster was still there. I've tried deleting my localthumbcache, I've tried travelling with my sim to a different location with and without this friend of hers, but the friend keeps appearing in this newfound monster form of hers.

What is strange is that this particular friend seems to be the only one affected, because when I initially opened my game, there was another sim (the guy in green in the attached image) who had also spawned outside my sim's cottage and he looked the same as usual. He's not on my sim's list of acquaintances, but I've seen him around several times. I've also tried inviting other of my sim's friends over, and they all appear completely normal as well.

If I zoom in to a certain point, the friend will also look normal again, but zooming out beyond this point will make her come undone again. I can't help but think that it's because the game started up in Henford on Bagley as it's sort of reminiscent of the stretched out foxes, but at the same time nothing appeared off while I was in game yesterday although that was for such a short time that I only saw my sim and her daughter.

Are there any other options that I haven't tried that might fix this issue? Deleting her is not an option as my sim has known her for too long.

Sims 4 Body Glitch 1 - Kopi.png

Sims 4 Body Glitch 2 - Kopi.png

Message 12 of 88 (1,641 Views)

Re: Strange body glitch after last SDX drop - how to fix?

Hero
@Rose574 I merged your post with the bug report on this. It's the outfit causing the issue.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 13 of 88 (1,624 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict - Thank you. It didn’t occur to me that it could be the outfit causing this. Do you know if it’s ok to keep playing the save until the bug gets fixed? The friend is a randomly generated townie that I’ve never played, but I could take her into CAS and find her another top temporarily, but I’ve no idea how many other random townies might show up wearing this.

Message 14 of 88 (1,609 Views)

Hero
@Rose574 It won't damage your game to play. It's just odd looking. I would edit them in CAS when you see one but that's really up to you.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 15 of 88 (1,604 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

@crinrict - ok, thanks for answering Standard smile

Message 16 of 88 (1,600 Views)

Female Sweater bugs out Body

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? I have the Expansion Packs: Get Famous, City Living, and Get Together I Have the Game Packs: Realm of Magic I have the Stuff Packs: Backyard Stuff Pack and Movie Hangout Stuff Pack I also have he Holiday Celebration and the Grim's Ghoulish Guitar and the Throwback Fit Kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? It Appears on on Female Sims it is a Sweater Item if tags Feminie and Base Game are used it should be 3 down from the top right option and it's colors are Cyan, Black, Blue, Gray, White, Red, and Yellow
What happens when the bug occurs? While in Create a Sim it's normal appears as it should but in game when the camera is out a certain distance the Sim's Torso will be disconnected from the body and that sim's limbs would also be stretched out
What do you expect to see? What I expect to see is the torso attached the body and the sim's limbs being in place and working correctly
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. This Bug Appeared after the game's latest update it never appeared in any other update before as far as I am aware

I have a total of 2 Pictures showcasing the bug and the clothing item that is causing the bug to appear while this bug pretty minor a bug is still a bug so it would be nice to see it fixed at some point 

Message 17 of 88 (1,614 Views)

Re: Female Sweater bugs out Body

★ Apprentice

I've had this happen too - a couple of times happening to ladies with sweaters, but also had it happen with a toddler in a sweater. Oh man, it was so weird looking. I am playing on a PC with all packs.

Message 18 of 88 (1,586 Views)

Extremely Stretched Sims

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
What is your current game version number? 1.89.214.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, City living, Cats and Dogs, Seasons, Discover University, Eco Lifestyle, Dine Out, and Dream Home Decorator
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don't know
What happens when the bug occurs? Sims out of my control appear deformed with extremely stretched limbs.
What do you expect to see? Normal Sims
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Honesty, this bug is scary enough to make me not want to play the game. Does anyone else have this problem?

Message 19 of 88 (1,604 Views)

Re: Extremely Stretched Sims

Hero
@jasonaliferis Would you mind posting a picture ?

Is it possible this is your issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/Belted-Cardigan-causes-Sims-to-stretch-to-the-side/m-p/1156234... ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 88 (1,554 Views)