Sound bug season 5 update

by Lambruser

Original Post

Re: Audio Bug May 2020 Update

★★ Novice

I have done a bit of testing and it occurs in the firing range too. When you leave the firing range it stops and resets. I think I have identified the exact weapon required for what may be causing this audio bug. I think also why testing this theory I caused the game to crash. Here are my steps for causing this bug to occur:

1. Go into Firing Range or a game as Lifeline

2. Get a few arc stars

3. Just start throwing it at the dummies. I can't seem to identify if getting the hit/kill noise for the dummies affects this, but it may not. 

4. After awhile, maybe a minute or two, you should hear a beeping like noise. 

5. It sounds like static or an electronic beeping. 

I have a 2 min clip on Xbox of me doing the repo and you can hear the audio bug in it as clear as day near the 1 min mark. I will attach it to this comment in hopes that it'll help shed light on it. 

https://mail-attachment.googleusercontent.com/attachment/u/0/?ui=2&ik=d3b1b68a5e&attid=0.0&permmsgid...

It says it is an unsupported file so this is the download link that I sent from my phone to my computer. If you don't trust this link, you can check my Xbox profile page at my most recent video with the caption: Audio Bug. 

Message 11 of 82 (1,347 Views)

Sound bug season 5 update

★★★★★ Novice

Product: Apex Legends
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One X
What is your gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name? HerbalGod420710
Please provide your squad mates' gamertag/PSN ID/EA Account name if possible.
Are you using any software with an overlay? No
Which Legend were you playing (if applicable)? Loba
Which Legends were your squad mates using (if applicable)?
Where did the issue occur? In a match
Which part of the map or menu were you in? If you don't remember the exact name, please describe the area or what you were trying to do in the menu. All areas of the map
What were you doing when the issue occurred? E.g. respawning a squad mate at a beacon, using an ability, a squad mate left the game. Running, shooting, dropping
Did your squad mates also experience the issue? I don't know
How many matches had you played in a row before the issue occurred? All in season 4
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 12.05.20.02.00 Eastern
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
How severe is your issue? Minor impact to gameplay
What happens when the bug occurs? A staticky beep that is nonstop. Happens three or four times in a row and then a long beep. Happens all the time since season 5 started, and is worse in a gunfight. Not just my headphone it comes through my tv as well. Might have something to do with certain weapons sounds.
What should be happening instead? No beep or static
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play games, use all the guns.

Happens only when I’m in a match not when I’m in the menus or any other games. I use Astro a50s and they are one month old and this started happening as season 5 started. I thought it was the head phones at first but it comes through my tv and my other pair of astros.

Message 12 of 82 (1,366 Views)

Re: Audio Bug May 2020 Update

★★★ Apprentice

Getting a high pitch static noise constantly on new kings canyon update. Just go to settings and turn down the volumes and you can hear it clearly

Message 13 of 82 (1,301 Views)

Re: Apex audio buzzing sound

★★ Novice

It does it for me in every match through headset and tv speakers, also experienced it last season

Message 14 of 82 (2,427 Views)

Re: Sound bug season 5 update

★★★ Newbie

Same happens to me to names itachiuchia5 ik it's not my headphones cause I bought them a month ago to and it doesn't happen on other games or at main menu or anything just while playing a game I'm on PlayStation tho

Message 15 of 82 (1,330 Views)

Re: Sound bug season 5 update

Champion (Retired)
Message 16 of 82 (1,297 Views)

★★★★★ Novice
@Infernal616 I hate that you had this last season. It means they're not taking audio issues seriously enough... Ugh.
Message 17 of 82 (1,371 Views)

★★ Novice

I never experienced it in prior seasons to season 4 (started playing on season 1) and i play on PS4 Pro. It only lasted a day or two last season and went away but now since the beginning of season 4 it happens EVERY game so i deleted and reinstalled the app yesterday but the problem still persists.

It's got to the point now i  booted up a ranked game, heard the static buzzing and immediately closed the app. I bought into the pass day one too but can't play with that intermittent buzzing/beeping anymore. 

Message 18 of 82 (1,359 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I'm with you brother. I've been just grinding casual because when the buzzing gets too bad I can quit out. And I also play on ps4 pro. But it does it on xbox too. I've tried uninstalling as well to no avail. 

Message 19 of 82 (1,348 Views)

★★ Novice

Same on Xbox. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible.

Message 20 of 82 (1,335 Views)