Re: Bed Glitch

by crinrict

Original Post

Bed Glitch

★★★ Newbie

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? The newest one.
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Holidays Trims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Select her and activate sleep, and nothing will happen, doing it again will immediately cancel the second action. This applies to all interactions.
What happens when the bug occurs? Every second interaction is immediately cancelled.
What do you expect to see? Sims should sleep or interact with anything at all?
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

Please fix this EA.

Message 1 of 8 (1,025 Views)

Hero
@PlayerofWorlds Did you try replacing the bed ? Is it a freezing or routing failure ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 8 (996 Views)

Hero
@PlayerofWorlds Tagging for feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 8 (942 Views)

Hero
@PlayerofWorlds Moving this to tech issues for further troubleshooting and info

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 8 (885 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I had a similar issue on my XB1 with the bed. Sometimes my Sim would come up with the semi recumbent position icon but never sleep and it glitched them out. I finally figured out that it was because my bed (single or double it doesn't matter but in this case single) was pushed against the wall. I was selecting the side that was pushed to the wall so they couldn't get in the bed that way. I moved his bed and he was fine after that. With a separate family I blocked off the side of a double bed partly at the head end and the same sort of thing happened. Everything was cancelled and the semi recumbent position icon came back up again with that one sim. Might be that that could be an issue? Hopefully it is something as simple as that. 

Message 5 of 8 (871 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@PlayerofWorlds  Did you try shutting down your PS4 completely, waiting a minute and then restarting it? Relaunch the game and see if the issue persists.

Message 6 of 8 (859 Views)

★★★ Newbie

Hi this happened to me a lot, if your still having this problem, what I did was go into build mode and sell the bed and go back to live mode and the glitch should be fixed

Hope this helps 

Em x

Message 7 of 8 (587 Views)

Community Manager

Hi there,

Since this is a pretty old post that wasn't updated for quite some time I am going to lock it to prevent further necro-posting. 

If you need some help with an issue like this please feel free to create a new thread, and we can take a look. 

Thanks!

/Kent

Kent.png
Message 8 of 8 (569 Views)