by EA_Aljo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Be a Pro custom gameplay slider settings reverting to default

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: NHL 21
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try saving custom gameplay slider settings in Be a Pro.
What happens when the bug occurs? Custom gameplay slider changes don't save.
What do you expect to see? I expect my settings to save.
Was the issue in online or offline mode? Offline
Insert Game Mode or Feature here Be a Pro custom gameplay slider settings.
What time did you see the bug? (HH:MM AM/PM) all hours
What is your time zone? EST (IET) - GMT - 5:30
What is your gamertag/PSN ID? 0LDMAND00M
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
EASHL issues? Please insert your Club Region.
What is your game language? English

Any changes made to the gameplay sliders in Be a Pro mode don't apply after the game starts. I make my changes and save and start the next game but the sliders revert back to default after the game starts. Having to re-tweak the sliders at the start of every game is extremely tedious and a game-breaker for me, I primarily play BaP, and manually changing the sliders is the only way to get an authentic experience since otherwise so many goals get scored that the scoreboard looks like it could be a basketball game.

Message 1 of 7 (495 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Be a Pro custom gameplay slider settings reverting to default

Community Manager

@oldmandoom 

What settings are you choosing for the preset options? Is it set to custom, short, medium, etc? Thanks!

Aljo.png

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (420 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager

Hi there, @oldmandoom.

Try editing the sliders in BAP. Right after you do that, save and exit. Then, load back into BAP and see if the settings stick. I've seen some success with this. Let me know how it goes. Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 2 of 7 (452 Views)

★★ Novice

Hi, thanks for the reply. The problem I'm encountering isn't that the sliders don't save, it's that they are not applied to the game once a match starts. While I'm at the Hub screen, when I check the sliders in settings it shows all my changes and saves them correctly when I exit. However, once I start a game and check the sliders from the pause menu they have reverted back to the arcade presets and I have to manually adjust them at the start of every game, even though they are saved correctly at the Hub. I hope this is helpful in clarifying my issue, and thanks for the help.

Message 3 of 7 (447 Views)

Community Manager

@oldmandoom 

Thanks for clarifying that. I'll pass this on to the dev team. If I have any news, I'll post an update.

Aljo.png
Message 4 of 7 (429 Views)

Community Manager

@oldmandoom 

What settings are you choosing for the preset options? Is it set to custom, short, medium, etc? Thanks!

Aljo.png
Message 5 of 7 (421 Views)

★★ Novice

That was the problem. I thought those selections affected the period lengths only, I didn't realize they set the entire settings for the game. Thanks for the help!

Message 6 of 7 (396 Views)

Community Manager

@oldmandoom 

You're very welcome! If you have any other issues, please let us know. Thanks and good luck Standard smile

Aljo.png
Message 7 of 7 (388 Views)