Re: Batuu missions can't be completed

by niiicole1

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] [JTP] Hot Tip: Can't compile 3 information fragments (5 needed)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Sony Playstation 4
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.66.139.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions, all game packs except parenthood, all stuff packs except luxury party, toddler, kids room, laundry and the Halloween one
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Try to complete the Hot Tip mission in Batuu
What happens when the bug occurs? First step is to obtain 3 information fragments, second step is to compile them, but 5 fragments are needed for that
What do you expect to see? Either be able to compile 3 fragments or for the first task to mention 5 fragments
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? On console - never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I'm playing a Sim in Batuu with scoundrel aspiration. I tried to complete a scoundrel mission where you have to get 3 information fragments from different sources and then compile them into a report. I got the fragments, but when I click on them in my inventory the option to compile is greyed out saying I'm missing 2. If I use multi select and highlight them all, I don't have an option to compile. 

We have since established that 5 fragments are needed, but it's strange that the first step mentions to get 3. The additional 2 fragments can be obtained from conversation. 

Edited this post to remove the issue regarding acquiring a dataspike as there's now a separate thread for that.

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title, Adjusted Title, Added Base Game Version Number

Message 1 of 10 (6,004 Views)

Accepted Solution

Hero

The "Hot Tip" mission for Scoundrels now appropriately asks for five information fragments to be collected.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 10 of 10 (1,296 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@niiicole1 You need 5. I don't know why you only have to collect 3 to fulfill the step. To compile you need 5.

I don't think buying fulfills it. You need to ask him for one. I'm not 100% sure but I think there was a special interaction while the task is open.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 10 (5,990 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thanks, I actually tried to get more by opening some more crates but didn't get any. I will try again! 

I didn't see any other interactions to get a dataspike from him but I think I needed one for an earlier scoundrel mission and maybe I used it then. I'll try this one again too, thanks for your help!

Message 3 of 10 (5,985 Views)

Hero
@niiicole1 Hm, it's amazing how fast one forgets. Def didn't have any issues getting 2 more info pieces. I do agree that there's a discrepancy and unsure if that's a bug or not.

The other thing. I really don't remember. Didn't have any troubles fulfilling that but I think there was some interaction on Hondo that I used.

There's also always the possibility of bugs only occurring on console.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 4 of 10 (5,978 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Pro

Hot Tip mission requirements show 0/3 information fragments but compiling the fragments requires 5. The game doesn't let you acquire more fragments when you have 3. This makes it impossible to complete the mission unless there's some way to trick the game into letting you acquire 2 extra fragments.

ETA: I could not get the additional information fragments by slicing control panels. I had to rely on conversation instead. (I put the 3 fragments I already had on a table in the Resistance break room, just in case the game was tracking how many were in my inventory.)

Should probably split this into two reports, one for each mission.

Message 5 of 10 (5,935 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes, I tried Hot Tip again yesterday and was also able to get more fragments from conversation, it just doesn't seem to work via the crates once you have 3. I was able to complete this one. 

Will try the other one again too later.

Message 6 of 10 (5,923 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

I just started the 'risk and rewards' resistance mission again and went to talk to Hondo. I went through all the options, there is definitely no option to ask for a dataspike, I can only buy one. I did a few of the scoundrel missions previously and I may have asked him for a dataspike for one of these missions, but not 100% sure. I guess I won't be able to proceed with resistance missions with this Sim.

Message 7 of 10 (5,905 Views)

Hero
@niiicole1 There's a new thread for the data spike issue https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/The-Sims-4-Stars-Wars-Not-able-to-Acquire-a-Dataspike-from/td-... so I think it's best if you could edit this one to be about the fragments.

I do think it's a bit odd.

Just edit your first post and just make it about the fragments. Maybe you could also add some of the stuff you found out to the first post.

Thanks.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 10 (5,311 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
@crinrict Thank you, I just updated my first post.
Message 9 of 10 (5,280 Views)

Hero

The "Hot Tip" mission for Scoundrels now appropriately asks for five information fragments to be collected.

Fixed in Patch 1.90.358/1.61

If you're still experiencing this issue, please create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 10 (1,297 Views)