by can00dian

Original Post

Battlefield5 Black screen+blank screen

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Loading screens and multiplayer menu.
Please select your region North America
On which server did this happen? Any
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.3.19 23:38
Summarize your bug I am reporting these bugs in the same thread because they are very similar in style and occurance. Black screen usually appears after loading up BF5 for the first time or after re-opening after browsing apps on xbox one. Sometimes occurs two times in a row to my experience. While waiting to join a server via load screen you will see the graphics/images/texts and proper loading screen working that is until the moment you join, the black screen in which loading transfer to ingame freezes on black. The loading symbol dissapears, all you can do is listen to the match maker or the background noise. The menu/pause screen does not work the only way i have found to temporary 'fix' this bug is by doing a hard restart on the entire game. Secondly the 'blank screen' bug occurs via leaving match. You will be placed in regular quickmatch lobby after waiting the normal load times to be gifted the menu screen without any text or game mode menus, any options/graphics/texts/menus/button mapping doesnt seem to exist other than the find friends option which seems completely useless as you are stuck in the main menu watching a blurry 10 second movie over and over. Just to wrap everything up, this is a simple bug report from a BF vet and fanboy of the franchise. Trying to make myself useful in the community, thanks for reading!
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I explained in the summary how the bug occurs, to help you and the team. The bug occurs more often after being idle in an app, such as netflix/youtube/soundcloud(bug has occured often for me after using netflix then again only app i really use ;p) also while using/idle on an app then starting up BF5 and finding match or after first start up of the game/console. I have noticed the bug seems to happen during times in which i would guess the servers would be more popular due to more players due to breaks/work/school. Lastly the bug has occured while switching games, going from one large game to another(BF5). I am using Xbox One console, my games are saved in the console so while im playing on game and switch via xbox without changing discs, my console works itself hard and the bug normally occurs, which is expected, for my console(not bug occurances Wink.
What happens when the bug occurs? While joining servers loading screen will change absolutely jet black/empty, no ingame buttons work other than the friends/invites menu and audio, i am able to hear the match maker informing the team over radio. Same as with the blank screen, but instead it happens while leaving servers and after load screen into the menu, no menus, game modes or text will show and only the background ambient noise and again no buttons work other than friends list toggled with RT.
What should be happening instead? Instead, player should be loading into server rather than being stuck in an empty matrix between loading screen and server. Or vice versa (loading screen-menu). Again thanks for reading.. unless you are bot..Obey. ‌

Product: Battlefield V
Platform:Microsoft XBOX One
Please specify your platform model. Microsoft Xbox One
Which part of the game is the issue happening in? Game Menu
In which game menu were you when the bug occurred? Server loading screen + multiplayer-quick match menu
Please select your region South America
On which server did this happen? Any
When did this happen? (dd.mm.yy hh:mm) 18.3.2019 23:38
Summarize your bug I am reporting these bugs in the same thread because they are very similar in style and occurance. Black screen usually appears after loading up BF5 for the first time or after re-opening after browsing apps on xbox one. Sometimes occurs two times in a row to my experience. While waiting to join a server via load screen you will see the graphics/images/texts and proper loading screen working that is until the moment you join, the black screen in which loading transfer to ingame freezes on black. The loading symbol dissapears, all you can do is listen to the match maker or the background noise. The menu/pause screen does not work the only way i have found to temporary 'fix' this bug is by doing a hard restart on the entire game. Secondly the 'blank screen' bug occurs via leaving match. You will be placed in regular quickmatch lobby after waiting the normal load times to be gifted the menu screen without any text or game mode menus, any options/graphics/texts/menus/button mapping doesnt seem to exist other than the find friends option which seems completely useless as you are stuck in the main menu watching a blurry 10 second movie over and over. Just to wrap everything up, this is a simple bug report from a BF vet and fanboy of the franchise. Trying to make myself useful in the community, thanks for reading!
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I explained in the summary how the bug occurs, to help you and the team. The bug occurs more often after being idle in an app, such as netflix/youtube/soundcloud(bug has occured often for me after using netflix then again only app i really use ;p) also while using/idle on an app then starting up BF5 and finding match or after first start up of the game/console. I have noticed the bug seems to happen during times in which i would guess the servers would be more popular due to more players due to breaks/work/school. Lastly the bug has occured while switching games, going from one large game to another(BF5). I am using Xbox One console, my games are saved in the console so while im playing on game and switch via xbox without changing discs, my console works itself hard and the bug normally occurs, which is expected, for my console(not bug occurances Wink.
What happens when the bug occurs? While joining servers loading screen will change absolutely jet black/empty, no ingame buttons work other than the friends/invites menu and audio, i am able to hear the match maker informing the team over radio. Same as with the blank screen, but instead it happens while leaving servers and after load screen into the menu, no menus, game modes or text will show and only the background ambient noise and again no buttons work other than friends list toggled with RT.
What should be happening instead? Instead, player should be loading into server rather than being stuck in an empty matrix between loading screen and server. Or vice versa (loading screen-menu). Again thanks for reading.. unless you are bot..Obey.

Message 1 of 1 (214 Views)