Battlefield 1 Fullscreen mode keeps minimizing constantly.

by InTangiers

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Battlefield 1 Fullscreen mode keeps minimizing constantly.

★★★ Newbie

Product: Battlefield 1
Platform:PC
Summarize your bug If I change BF1 to fullscreen mode after the game starts it keeps minimizing the window constantly. I can only play in borderless windowed but the framerate is terrible.
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set the game to fullscreen.
What happens when the bug occurs? After the game loads (in a small window) and changes to fullscreen it would simply minimize and everytime you try to go back to the window it minimizes again. Using windows key + tab to change to a different desktop and back sometimes makes BF1 go back to windowed mode and it allows me to change to borderless windowed.
Please select your region Europe
In what game mode did the bug occur? Conquest
AMD or Nvidia Model Number AMD Radeon R9 M200X Series
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

Still haven't found any report with the same exact problem, and I would appreciate a solution since the terrible framerate nearly makes this game unplayable.

Message 1 of 7 (6,974 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Battlefield 1 Fullscreen mode keeps minimizing constantly.

★★ Novice

What worked for me was to go to options, (while going in and out of the game obviously) and change from fullscreen to windowed, or borderless. Should do the trick.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (5,623 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

@InTangiers Hi, can I check what resolution yourfullscreen mode is set to? Be sure to check that it matches the 1920x 1080 of your desktop.

Have you always had this problem with your current setup or is it something that's started to manifest recently?

David.png
Stay and Play.png
Message 2 of 7 (6,918 Views)

★★★ Newbie

I have this same problem. i havent played in 2 months because of it.nothing ive tried has worked, it only auto minimizes when i click on it and I dont know why

Message 3 of 7 (6,883 Views)

★★★ Newbie

im constantly getting this problem.

Message 4 of 7 (5,714 Views)

★★ Novice

What worked for me was to go to options, (while going in and out of the game obviously) and change from fullscreen to windowed, or borderless. Should do the trick.

Message 5 of 7 (5,624 Views)

★★★ Newbie

sorry, i appreciate the suggestion but I fail to see how this is a "solution". I cant even get into the game because of the minimization problem. Happens every time. 

What if we want to play in fullscreen? 

Message 6 of 7 (2,667 Views)

EA DICE Team
I'm closing this thread to stop it from being necroed.

If you have any issues with Battlefield 1, please make a new topic about your problems and what kind of steps you have tried to solve them.

/Atic
Message 7 of 7 (2,609 Views)