[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Android Phone
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? Sony Xperia 1 ii
OS Version 11
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode ) 965316931
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug Bastila shan lead, wat tambor, with Jedi Master luke in the squad is the team in question. Due to some sort of unintended kit interaction, it looks like either: 1. JMLs health is increasing over time and being re-applied as protection up (his leader ability) 2. JMLs Mastery is increasing over time and being re-applied each time as a new batch of protection up in the middle of battle (not part of bastila's lead) 3. Wat Tambor's tech is recovering protection up (not protection).
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Use Sith Eternal Emperor to fight this team in squad arena. I tried SEE with the Wat Tambor Attacker tech. You can also easily view this by using the traditional SLK team. Stack up siphon and mastery and view the damage needed along with the protection up that is on JML.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA

SEE damage w/ ult: Approximately 130,000
JML Health: Approximately 215,000   ----> Need to add 10% from Luke's Galactic Legend ability * Each relic tier
Bastila Grants: 200% protection up ====> (215,000*1.10*7)*2 = 3,311,000 "Protection up"

SEE removed protection from characters.  So JML's Protection is 0 at this point. The protection up was never removed, which is causing a looping issue where protection up cannot be removed because it is viewed as protection.

If we look at SEE's damage is approximately 4% of the protection up which was granted at the beginning of the battle.  This means SEE needs to take 25 turns in order to eat through this protection up (excluding damage from anyone else on the team.

I can't verify which is happening, but it is either:
1. JMLs health is increasing over time and being re-applied as protection up (his leader ability)
2. JMLs Mastery is increasing over time and being re-applied each time as a new batch of protection up in the middle of battle (not part of bastila's lead)
3. Wat Tambor's tech is recovering protection up (not protection).

The text from Wat Tambor's ability:

Baktoid Shield Generator: At the start of turn, recover 30% Protection and dispel own debuffs; Tanks Taunt while they have Protection

Shown also is luke taunting with 0 protection, this healing/recovery of protection up shouldn't be happening.  Taunt should also not be there.  The interaction with this lead, this trio vs. SEE has a variety of issues that need to be reviewed.

Screenshot_20210416-193855.pngScreenshot_20210416-194102.pngScreenshot_20210416-194125.pngScreenshot_20210416-194245.pngScreenshot_20210416-194348.png

Message 1 of 12 (860 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Bastila Lead with JML and wat Tambor Protection Up issue

[ Edited ]

@nabokovfan87 CG have said this is working as intended. My understanding of how it works is as follows:
1) Under Bastila lead, JML's protection pool is made up of two components, his normal blue protection, and purple protection from Bastila's lead equal to 200% of his max health (all bonus protection is based on max health, which allows sub-g7 characters to gain it). Looking at your maths, you were aware of this already.
2) In the case of my JML, he has 60k blue and 380k purple protection for a total of 440k protection.
3) Using these numbers, JML recovers 132k protection at the start of his turns.
4) Linked only affects the blue protection, not the protection provided by Bastila's lead. Once this has gone, JML has his purple protection pool remaining, which Linked cannot reduce. You need to wipe it out through damage, otherwise Wat's Tech will keep allowing JML to recover it.
5) JML can still regain 30% of that pool at the start of his turns, unless you can remove it completely with damage. Using my stats, that's 114k recovery each turn.

As it is based on Max Health and not Max Protection, SEE won't drain it. It's similar to how SEE cannot drain the protection of the Jedi in Places of Power, as their protection is based on a hidden buff, rather than their protection stat. 

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

View in thread

Message 3 of 12 (812 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Apprentice

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/202854/protection-up-explanation

Because this protection up is not "stacking" it should not be allowed to be healed/revised/ammended.  If the protection up is increasing over time, this goes against rule #3.  If the protection up iitself is recovering as "protection" than this is the interaction specifically with SEE where there IS NO protection and this should be reviewed by CG.

Message 2 of 12 (831 Views)

[ Edited ]

@nabokovfan87 CG have said this is working as intended. My understanding of how it works is as follows:
1) Under Bastila lead, JML's protection pool is made up of two components, his normal blue protection, and purple protection from Bastila's lead equal to 200% of his max health (all bonus protection is based on max health, which allows sub-g7 characters to gain it). Looking at your maths, you were aware of this already.
2) In the case of my JML, he has 60k blue and 380k purple protection for a total of 440k protection.
3) Using these numbers, JML recovers 132k protection at the start of his turns.
4) Linked only affects the blue protection, not the protection provided by Bastila's lead. Once this has gone, JML has his purple protection pool remaining, which Linked cannot reduce. You need to wipe it out through damage, otherwise Wat's Tech will keep allowing JML to recover it.
5) JML can still regain 30% of that pool at the start of his turns, unless you can remove it completely with damage. Using my stats, that's 114k recovery each turn.

As it is based on Max Health and not Max Protection, SEE won't drain it. It's similar to how SEE cannot drain the protection of the Jedi in Places of Power, as their protection is based on a hidden buff, rather than their protection stat. 

Message 3 of 12 (813 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

3 million + HP on a character itself, I'm sorry but that alone is pretty broken to me.

I'd like to get CG to comment on this. It needs to be properly reviewed by someone who has hands on the game. I've heard and seen nothing official in any capacity.

Message 4 of 12 (784 Views)

@nabokovfan87 They have commented through the mod team on the forums, but I haven't seen a post by either community manager. I'm working on getting one for you, but I know Doja has commented with tips on how to beat it during a thread discussing if it was WAI.

Message 5 of 12 (779 Views)

★★★★ Apprentice

I appreciate it.

The way I view it...

Either one of those 3-4 things is happening and it's an issue that's exponentially going to get worse as relics go up.

If it's considered protection and not a buff, SEE should be able to affect it in some way. Next time I'll just use SLK, not a big issue, but the actual interaction doesn't seem to make sense or work correctly. (Specifically SEE vs The trio)

I can imagine anyone soloing raids with the same thing if it ever isn't restricted flat out.

Message 6 of 12 (775 Views)

@nabokovfan87 Your maths is off too. You need brackets somewhere I think. Also, the Galactic Legend unique isn't multiplicative per relic level, it's a flat value.

The highest health modded JML in game is a little over 220k health, with 60k protection.

At Relic 7, that would be 220,000 x 1.7 = 374,000 health. 115,600 protection n
Protection from Bastila lead = 748,000

Total combined health, protection and bonus protection = 1,237,600

Message 7 of 12 (773 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

The one I was fighting today was doing ~150K heals and the luke was relic 8, 142K health. I had it down to the 20-30% of "protection up" remaining.

142K*1.8*2 ====> Health * Bonus from luke GL * bonus from Bastila lead. = Bonus Protection up

So it should be... 511K

That gives it 153K heals, so that's about right.

Sorry about the mix-up.

Since it's much lower, should be a whole lot easier to kill. Not sure why it's not working or I can't make a dent. I have the speed and offense to do it.

Would be interesting to see something official on this interaction.

Message 8 of 12 (740 Views)

★★★★★ Newbie
I just wanted to give this a bump. I'm still having trouble with this as it is written.

Near as I understand this thread as I have read it, CG is on-record for saying that Wat's tech that is supposed to recharge Protection is well within its rights also recharging the Protection Up (distinct from Protection) granted by Bastila's Leadership Ability. Moreover, the maths for Wat's tech are *rightly* based on the combined total of JMLS's Protection *and* Protection Up.

Have I got this right? I'm looking for a little clarity here before I spend big on Bastila only to have her nerfed when this catches on as a trend. Thanks for giving this one more look for my thick skull.
Message 9 of 12 (621 Views)

It's been a trend for some time, because it's the only thing that might have a small chance of a hold. I sometimes have to chew through several of these teams on my climb.

Message 10 of 12 (587 Views)