Original Post

Accepted Solution

Bastila Fallen’s Force Bond (unique) persisting after death

[ Edited ]

Product: Star Wars: Galaxy of Heroes
Platform:Apple iPad
What type of device are you experiencing the issue with? iPad
OS Version Current
Ally Code: (Find it here: http://bit.ly/AllyCode )
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Summarize your bug I have noticed that after an opposing Bastila Shan (fallen) has died, the part of Force Bond that prevents enemies suffering from Corrupted Battle Meditation (CBM) from inflicting debuffs remains active.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Play a Darth Revan vs Darth Revan match. Kill the opposing Bastila, and then try to apply a debuff with one of your characters still inflicted with CBM. The debuffs will not be applied, nor will they be resisted.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country

Here's a YouTube clip of a battle from today.  The enemy Bastila had just been killed, and my HK-47 and my own Bastila both have CBM from the enemy.  Both should be able to inflict debuffs, because Uniques should only apply while the character is alive.  

HK-47's Meatbag Mayhem does not apply Tenacity Down, as expected.  Then on Bastila's turn, I use "Fear" and no debuffs are applied (and also there is no Resist message).  

Please review to see if this is working as intended.

https://youtu.be/O9p2hUb_HvQ

Accepted Solution

Re: Bastila Fallen’s Force Bond (unique) persisting after death

Community Manager (retired)
@GladOS-013 thanks for the report, very detailed and nice catch! We've flagged this as a bug now.

View in thread

Message 2 of 9 (927 Views)

All Replies

Community Manager (retired)
@GladOS-013 thanks for the report, very detailed and nice catch! We've flagged this as a bug now.
Message 2 of 9 (928 Views)

Excellent, glad to help as always.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

i would love for this to be a bug(because it is stupid strong and a really nasty un-fun meta), but i thought it was working as intended, according to the description...

the problem is, the description doesn't say CBM expires if she dies (or if DR dies for that matter). it says CBM lasts "for 1 turn" (i assume this means the enemy inflicted with it must take a turn before it expires).

i'd love for CBM to expire on death, like Thrawn's fracture... but it doesn't say so.

thrawn's fracture actually explicitly says it expires if he dies. BSF's CBM description does not.

though it would make sense for it to "expire if EITHER BSF OR DR dies", as the bond would be broken??

Message 4 of 9 (847 Views)

As far as I’m aware, all unique skills stop functioning once the character dies. Once bastila dies, Darth Revan should lose all the bonuses from Force Bond.

CBM is still present on the enemies, but CBM only prevents debuffs when Bastila Fallen’s is present and Darth Revan is the leader. So that’s why this persistent effect is a bug.

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

so would it also stop working if Dr dies?

is a dead leader still a leader?

can you retain a "bond" with a defeated ally? i mean Chewy's loyal friend "guard" stops working if Han or other weak ally dies and gets a revive... so...

Message 6 of 9 (834 Views)

Reading the text of "Force Bond", it just says if Revan is "in the leader slot" - it makes no mention of whether is alive or not.

This is different than Chewy's Guard ability, which is a separate status applied only at the beginning of battle. It is not applied when a previously guarded ally is revived, or when Chewie is revived.

The way the game is supposed to work: Leadership abilities persist after the leader dies (except in GW, TW, or GA, if you the leader dies in one battle, his ability will be absent all subsequent battles). Unique abilities only function while the character with that unique is alive.

★★ Novice

Just a reminder- this is still a bug and hasn’t been addressed. This does affect any gameplay concerning Bastila fallen

Message 8 of 9 (626 Views)

@Kagain123 Another reminder - necroposting old threads is against the forum rules. Once this bug has been logged as a bug, this forum has no control over or responsibility for the timeliness of the studio’s fix of the bugs.
Patience is our only option.