[FIXED] Basement Stairs Protruding From Ground?

by lfriday18

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[FIXED] Basement Stairs Protruding From Ground?

[ Edited ]
★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:Mac
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.assets.ml-ep07.114
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Everything but the new kit
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Build a room, build a basement, place stairs that aren’t under the main floor of the house
What happens when the bug occurs? I try to place basement stairs that aren’t under the main floor and they protrude out of the ground.
What do you expect to see? Stairs under the ground, no protrusion.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here’s a few pictures

Edit By Crinrict: Added Tag to Title.

Message 1 of 6 (2,051 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Basement Stairs Protruding From Ground?

Hero

Basement stairs should now play nicely with terrain when the lot has a raised foundation

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

View in thread

Message 6 of 6 (787 Views)

All Replies

★★★ Newbie

I have encountered this problem too

https://i.imgur.com/ZTtOp1A.png 

Message 2 of 6 (1,951 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

Is there a fix for this? I'm trying to build a basement, and get the same problem when placing the stairs. I get this weird thing sticking out of the ground outside that looks exactly like the first picture posted in this thread. 

Message 3 of 6 (1,763 Views)

[ Edited ]
Champion

This appears to be caused by foundations - I can duplicate as well. It's like the "box" that the stairs are in goes up to the room above's base floor level, so when you raise the house's foundation, it pops out of the ground. Getting rid of the foundation makes the odd box disappear.

A suggested workaround - when I tested, this happened only with foundations, NOT with platforms. Try lowering the room back down to no foundation, but then raising the floor/platform level a step or two for a very similar look minus the glitched stairs.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------
I am a Volunteer for Answers HQ, I do not work for EA
She/Her
Message 4 of 6 (1,733 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

@LiaRose1435 

This is caused by there not being enough headroom for the stairs, so the game makes it.  It usually happens after you place your stairs and then adjust the foundation height, or your basement footprint doesn't match the footprint of the floor above (basement is bigger).  Most stair configurations require at least 3 tiles on the upper level and 4 on the lower level but the number needed on the lower level will vary depending on the wall height and stair width.  Taller basement wall heights require more that the short wall does.  Wide bent stairs require more than straight stairs.  

So, to fix it usually means that you need to adjust your floor plan on both levels so the entire stair will fit inside the build.  Sometimes you can get rid of it by lowering the basement too. 

I always make my basements match the footprint of the floor above, then configure my stairs and place them.  Then I build the walls for interior floorplan.  The order you do things does matter to avoid problems like this.

Hope this helps.

Message 5 of 6 (1,684 Views)

Hero

Basement stairs should now play nicely with terrain when the lot has a raised foundation

Fixed in Patch 1.103.250/1.84

Please create a new thread if you're still experiencing this issue,

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (788 Views)