Basegame Family Portrait classified as CC

by marcsims2080

Original Post

Basegame Family Portrait classified as CC

★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? Version 1.77.146.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get to Work, Spa Day, Get Together, Dine Out, City Living, Vintage Glamour, Vampires, Parenthood, Cats and Dogs, Jungle Adventure, Laundry Day, Seasons, Get Famous, Strangerville, Island Living, Realm of Magic, Discover University, Tiny Living Stuff, Eco Lifestyle, Nifty Knitting, Snowy Escape and Cottage Living.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? The Family Portait can be obtained by downloading The Sims Mobile.
What happens when the bug occurs? When placing the Familly Portrait in a lot and then uploading it to the gallery, the build appears to be checked as Custom Content and cannot be changed.
What do you expect to see? The Family Portrait should not be classified as CC in the gallery.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

It's easy to find....

Message 1 of 6 (569 Views)

Re: Basegame Family Portrait classified as CC

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

This may be by intention, as some naughty players take photos or paint from reference of sims doing naughty things with third party mods. I think player-created photos, or art that isn't one of the standard in-game paintings, automatically is flagged as CC.  That is just my understanding - I may be mistaken.

Message 2 of 6 (549 Views)

★★ Novice
@Sindocat I didn't dowload any painting from the gallery, and when uploading the build in the gallery without the Family Portrait the CC tag was gone, so it has to be something related to that :/
Message 3 of 6 (521 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Yes. 

You uploaded a portrait of your sims, taken in-game.

The gallery can't tell if they are de-pixelated in that photo, or in a naughty pose. It just knows "We at Maxis did not make or pre-screen that image, so to be safe, we'll label it CC".

Even if it is an ordinary photo, and not naughty at all. Because they can't look at everything.

Again, this is just my understanding - I may be mistaken.

Message 4 of 6 (451 Views)

★★★ Pro

In the beginning from the game, I used the gallery often. I remember I download a house with a painting and there were two sims with... clearly adult poses. I glad they change this. I stop to use random gallery houses because sometimes they have still costume paintings (most harmless) but I don’t like this. If I want this, I would use the CC-gallery section.

Message 5 of 6 (438 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

This is about the family portrait item you got when connecting Sims mobile. It's no longer available but I think it's the same logic as why custom paintings and photos are cc. So pretty sure this is design.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 6 (429 Views)