Re: Basegame CAS swatches flag as non-basegame in gallery

by crinrict

Original Post

Basegame CAS swatches flag as non-basegame in gallery

★ Apprentice

Certain swatches of basegame CAS items flag as using packs in the gallery. Specifically:

The brown/khaki swatch of the wide-leg trousers (default swatch: blue) flags as Dine out

The gray swatch of the high-top sneakers (default swatch: neon green & blue) flags as Get To Work

The default swatches do not flag as using the packs, this is swatch-specific (haven't checked all swatches, I just know these ones do, since that's the only thing the sim is wearing in any outfits when uploading, and removing them or changing to default swatch removes the flags). 

Product: The Sims 4
Platform: PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? 100%
What is your current game version number? UPDATE 05/24/2022
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? 
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Create a sim with no CAS assets (hair, clothes, accessories, tattoos, makeup, etc). Add only the basegame high-top sneakers in gray swatch, and/or the wide-leg trousers in khaki/brown swatch (see attached screenshots). Upload the sim to the gallery. 
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim is flagged as using Get To Work, and Dine Out. Removing those two assets, or changing the swatches to the default, removes the flag when uploaded.
What do you expect to see? The sim is marked as "This gallery item does not use any pack-specific content"
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Not that I know of, I just identified this issue today.

Message 1 of 5 (573 Views)

Hero
@rpop_sims Some swatches are from packs that is correct. Will need to check if that's true for the ones you flagged.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 5 (535 Views)

★ Apprentice
@crinrict Ah, ok thanks! If that's the case, these should not be under the basegame filter, and should show up under the "items used from this pack" in the gallery (currently it has the icon for the pack, but doesn't show any pack items as being used, which is very confusing when trying to make a basegame upload for the gallery). Thanks!
Message 3 of 5 (520 Views)

Hero
@rpop_sims It's probably a technical issue that they can't flag them as packs or filter them but yes, there's always confusion for this.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 5 (518 Views)

★★★ Guide

I'd like to suggest to EA devs that they could mark them the same way they mark the bg modern toilets - I forget what they're called - the black & white ones - that have island living swatches - when you hover over those island living swatches, an island living ICON appears. Why can't we have that in cas?

Message 5 of 5 (423 Views)