Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge Bug

by CharlesHlcBendel

Original Post

Accepted Solution

Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge Bug

Product: Plants vs. Zombies: Battle for Neighborville
Platform:PC
Please specify your platform model. PC
Please provide your Xbox gamertag or PSN ID. (Optional)
In what game mode did the bug occur? Turf Takeover (PvP)
Summarize your bug 1. Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge doesn't proceeds when equipping Powder Keg and Incoming Keg. 2. Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge automatically resets after one game finishes. (This is not intent of Devs, I think.)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Equip Powder Keg and Incoming Keg. 2. Finish one Turf Takeover game.
Which character were you playing when the bug occurred? Captain Deadbeard
What upgrades had you equipped with this character? Powder Keg and Incoming Keg.
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)

Barrel Blast Challenge itself may be completed by playing Ops if equipping right Upgrades, but this is a bug.

Message 1 of 11 (1,833 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge Bug

Champion
@CharlesHlcBendel Thanks for bringing this up! When I create my character challenge guide for Deadbeard, I will bring this up.

View in thread

Message 2 of 11 (1,822 Views)

All Replies

Champion
@CharlesHlcBendel Thanks for bringing this up! When I create my character challenge guide for Deadbeard, I will bring this up.
Message 2 of 11 (1,823 Views)

@TheSprinter85
>When I create my character challenge guide for Deadbeard, I will bring this up.

That's nice!

I have not tested what disrupt its proceeding properly, but without Incoming Keg, completing Barrel Blast Challenge in one Turf Takeover is almost impossible, and its proceeding is automatically reset!
Message 3 of 11 (1,816 Views)

Champion

Is it possible for you to determine if the challenge keeps resetting if you use one of the Barrel Blast upgrades, or do you need to use both? In other words, are one of the Barrel Blast upgrades creating the issue (e.g. only Powder Keg or only Incoming Keg) or are both of them causing this issue? Either way I will report this in my guide. 

I dont know why, but there seems to be a lot of ability character challenges that are bugged, so that if you use an ability upgrade, the challenge will not complete and will continue to reset.

Excellent job on reporting this bug, I did not know about it.

Message 4 of 11 (1,807 Views)

There are 2 bugs.
1: Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge doesn't proceed. This happens when you equip specific upgrade(s). But I'm not sure what upgrade(s) blocks its proceeding. As long as you continue equipping that upgrade, this challenge's proceeding score is always 0.
2: Barrel Blast Weekly Challenge is automatically reset. This always happens regardless what upgrades you equip. Even if you almost finish this Challenge, once one game finished, it backs to 0.

These 2 are different bugs. I'll test what upgrades blocking its proceeding and inform tomorrow! Or, Devs will repair these bugs faster!
Message 5 of 11 (1,796 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Hi, is this a weekly challenge or a character challenge?

Message 6 of 11 (1,784 Views)

@anpangcontractor This is character challenge (Deadbeard).
Not weekly challenge of this week (Rando Ops).
Message 7 of 11 (1,772 Views)

I tried today, and I learned the first bug (specific upgrade blocks Barrel Blast character challenge) fixed.

But the second is still there. Is this a bug, or, intentional?

Message 8 of 11 (1,762 Views)

The 4th (=last) Character Challenge Key is released but Barrel Blast Character Challenge is still automatically reset after one match finished.

I have just finished that Challenge now.

I think that Challenge should not be reset, because it is nearly impossible to finish this Challenge in one PvP match. I have finished it in PvE.

Message 9 of 11 (1,681 Views)

Hi. Its not working still for me.
2022/05/09

Every time when the game finishes its resetting the counter...

i mean its really hard to do 1500 dmg in 1 match. best i done was 750 so far and i only used that skill to do dmg .....

can we fix it please?

Message 10 of 11 (1,399 Views)