Ball placed at opposite yard marker after overturned fumbled ball.

by TimL1210

Original Post

Ball placed at opposite yard marker after overturned fumbled ball.

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Newbie

Product: Madden NFL 19
Platform:PC
Which console generation do you have?
What is your gamertag/PSN ID?
Date/time issue occurred 8/18/2018 between 12-2pm
What type of issue do you have? Gameplay
Which mode has this happened in? Franchise Mode
Which part of the mode? Offline
Summarize your bug I was punting on fourth down. I punted the ball to around the 20 yard line. The returner caught the ball, ran to the 28 yard line, and fumbled. A member of the return team recovered the ball but went backwards to the 24 yard line. It was within 2 minutes so it got reviewed. It turned out, the returner didn't fumble the ball, so the play was overturned. The result should have been their ball from their own 28 yard line. Instead, after the review, the ball was placed on the OTHER 28 yard line. So instead of needing 72 yards for a TD, they only needed 28. Unfortunately, there are many bugs on PC that do this sort of thing, the kind of bug that should definitely not happen but gives the AI a huge advantage. It is often times game breaking and just makes me not want to play.
How often does the bug occur? Rarely (0% - 9%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe try the scenario I described. Punt the ball within 2 minutes. Have the return team "fumble". Have it reviewed and then overturned.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ball got placed at the opposite yard marker.
What do you expect to see? The ball placed at the correct yard marker?
PS4 Crash Reporting: Please copy the text you put in the crash report here.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Date/time issue occurred 8/18/2018 between 12-2pm
Summarize your bug I was punting on fourth down. I punted the ball to around the 20 yard line. The returner caught the ball, ran to the 28 yard line, and fumbled. A member of the return team recovered the ball but went backwards to the 24 yard line. It was within 2 minutes so it got reviewed. It turned out, the returner didn't fumble the ball, so the play was overturned. The result should have been their ball from their own 28 yard line. Instead, after the review, the ball was placed on the OTHER 28 yard line. So instead of needing 72 yards for a TD, they only needed 28. Unfortunately, there are many bugs on PC that do this sort of thing, the kind of bug that should definitely not happen but gives the AI a huge advantage. It is often times game breaking and just makes me not want to play.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Maybe try the scenario I described. Punt the ball within 2 minutes. Have the return team "fumble". Have it reviewed and then overturned.
What happens when the bug occurs? The ball got placed at the opposite yard marker.
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card?
Enter RAM memory size in GB

Date/time issue occurred 08/18/2018 between 12-2pm
What is the AMD or Nvidia Model Number of your graphics card? Not sure. It is a Gigabyte 1080
Enter RAM memory size in GB 16

Message 1 of 2 (579 Views)

Re: Ball placed at opposite yard marker after overturned fumbled ball.

★★★ Newbie

This exact bug just occurred in a multiplayer game in Madden 20, PC. 

Message 2 of 2 (527 Views)