Re: Baby won’t age up

by EA_Lanna

Original Post

★★★ Novice

No cake under baby’s name (not when click on bassinet or in family picture)

have 4 adult sims and 2 babies. No other toddlers, teens or retiree sims currently. Only get one “bundle of joy” event a day. Only for one baby (the one that already has 3 stars). No other events

Message 11 of 34 (1,339 Views)

★★★ Novice

Another photo

Message 12 of 34 (1,337 Views)

Hero

@camo5hark10 thanks for the screenshots. 

What device (brand,  model and operative system version) are you using and what is your player-ID? 

Normally you should see  a small cake under the baby's name,  like in this picture. 

The Sims_2019-04-16-05-39-08.png

CCP Hero Banner - Blue.png

AHQ Guardian - Volunteer Moderator

Message 13 of 34 (1,326 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Edited by CM to merge posts. 

I don’t see a cake in your picture. 

Updated: Ok finally loaded. No cake on my game. I play on Apple iPhone 8 plus
I play through gamecenter

Message 14 of 34 (1,320 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Thanks @tjb18e and @camo5hark10. for coming back and uploading those images for us. Could you let me know the answers to these two Q's please?

- When did you first notice this issue happen?
- Does this only happen when you try to age up your baby? Is this happening with any other event/quest for you?

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 15 of 34 (1,292 Views)

★★★ Novice

After recent quest ended (summer one with grill). Made 2 babies. Hasn’t worked since then. So about a week

i don’t have the same problem with adult sims. We I click on two adults that are completing a relationship quest. It works and I see a cake under their names

Message 16 of 34 (1,284 Views)

Community Manager
Cheers @camo5hark10, are you playing an other events atm or has it been only baby events/quests?

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 17 of 34 (1,282 Views)

★★★ Novice

I’ve completely all the current quests (quest tab is empty). I can repeat relationship, hobby or job quests for my adult sims. They seem to be working. So I don’t really have anything to do on the game right now since I can’t age my babies to replace sims. I could prob retire my adult sims but I don’t want to since I can’t replace them with sims I’ve raised

Message 18 of 34 (1,278 Views)

Community Manager
Hi @camo5hark10 and @tjb18e, thanks for sharing the information.

From what you've described, it seems like your babies are not ready to grow yet and that's why you are not seeing the cake icon show up.

My recommendation would be to continue playing the game and completing events - not necessary just quests. This should help things and the birthday cake should eventually show up. Could you give that go for a few days, and let us know how you get on? Standard smile

Message 19 of 34 (5,748 Views)

★★★ Novice

I really don’t think that is what is going on. I’ve done the Bundle of Joy event about 10x with one of the babies (keeps getting the third star). It used to be they would level up one level (baby to kid, kid to teen, teen to adult) every day. So you could go from baby to adult in 4 days. Have you changed this?  

Other baby I never get an event interaction with at all. Had him for 9 days and he has no stars. Bundle of joy has never come up as an option for him.

Guess I’ll just keep my adults sims forever and stop retiring them. It’s not like you really get anything good from the retirement boxes anyway. I’m left with nothing else to do in the game except to wait for holiday events 😑

Message 20 of 34 (1,256 Views)