by danawy708

Original Post

Highlighted
Accepted Solution

Baby sim not recognized by game

★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims Mobile
Platform:Apple iPhone
List the specific devices you play with (e.g. iPhone 6s Plus, Samsung Galaxy S7) iPhone 7 plus
OS Version 12.1.2
Player ID: (Find your Player ID in Sims Mobile: https://help.ea.com/help/the-sims/the-sims-mobile/find-your-player-id-in-the-sims-mobile ) 1003924415614
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I don’t what this means. I’ve completed all the shutdown steps sent through email and still the problem exist. My ios is up to date and the game is on it’s latest version so presumably it’s up to date and yet still I don’t have a fix for this issue.
What do you expect to see? The issue fix so that the game is playable again. I’ve spent $ 20 real world money so far to help with gameplay and the quests I spent the money for have disappeared and now I have very little seem cash and cupcakes for a baby that’s not functioning properly.
Connection Type Wifi
Please select your region North America
Country USA
Additional feedback I completed the baby quest with the help of sim cash and cupcakes. Before I went to bed and shut down the game I had a baby girl. The sims interacted with her on their own and would often pick her up and feed her themselves. I was also able to do one part of the good upbringing quest with her and give her a trait. Now today when I wake up my baby is gone and I’m sent back to part 12 of the baby challenge. I complete the challenge again and this time get a baby boy but I can not do the good upbringing quest have my sims even interact with the baby. It’s like he’s not even there but I can’t delete him or even buy another bassinet to try again , so he’s just stuck there like furniture. Please fix this! It looks like this has been a problem since March 2018 so I don’t understand how this is still happening if the game has been updated several times. Does anyone at EA even care?

Also, there is a daily quest to have a baby that I should have been rewarded the prize for because I already completed the main baby quest and had the baby, yet the game doesn’t seem to recognize this.

Message 1 of 11 (1,505 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Baby sim not recognized by game

Community Manager

Ah ok, well I'm happy to hear it's working again for you. :eahigh_file:

Happy Simming Standard smile

Lanna.png____________________________________________________________

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

View in thread

Message 8 of 11 (1,330 Views)

All Replies

Do you have the game on two devices maybe? It seems the saving part didn't go that well. So I'd recommend contacting EA about this.

You can do so through The Sims Mobile app. Open the side menu, choose the gear icon, then the button with 'Help'.
This will open your browser, scroll down until you see 'Contact Us' and choose 'Technical Support'.

Open the spoiler for pictures:

Spoiler
collaged.jpg

If this fails for some reason, or you can't access The Sims Mobile app. 

You can contact EA through this link: https://help.ea.com/en/contact-us/

If you want to do so in a different language you can choose your country of choice in the upper right-hand corner. 

You can also choose to contact an EA game advisor through social media:

- Twitter: https://twitter.com/EAHelp
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/EAHelpHub/

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 2 of 11 (1,472 Views)

★★★ Novice

No I don’t have the game on multiple devices, not unless someone has hacked my account and choose only to play this game and nothing else. I only have the game downloaded on my iPhone but It is connected to my Facebook, Game Center and EA accounts. Do you think that might be a problem? 

Also, I’ve contacted EA help and so far I still haven’t been able to fix the problem. I’m thinking about uninstalling and reinstalling the game do you think that might help?

Thanks for any suggestions you may have.

Message 3 of 11 (1,467 Views)

The game is saving to the cloud so having it connected is good. Reason I asked is because it having two devices with the same game often gives issues with cloud saving. Which could be caused by an unstable internet connect. I highly doubt your account was hacked. I think the save to the cloud didn't go smoothly and got messed up due to it.

In this case, with my limited knowledge of what EA can actually do I would think going back to a previous save point would solve the issue.

Has EA suggested reverting back to a previous save point? If it hasn't I'd suggest asking EA specifically what the closest save they have for you before the problem occurred would be, and revert back to that if possible. You might have to do the baby quest again, which isn't fun, but would solve the current issue with a "broken" baby. And hopefully prevent this issue from coming back in the future. 

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 4 of 11 (1,457 Views)

★★★ Novice

So I just had someone from EA call me to help troubleshoot the issue and he couldn’t help me either. According to him there is no save data in the cloud and they don’t recommend people to unistall their games because all progress might be loss, so at this point the game is pretty much unplayable. 

Thank you for trying to help me, but after reading all the post about baby issues ( some going back to January 2018) this has been an issue for quite some time and EA has actually done nothing to fix it. At this point I feel like I’ve been ripped off by EA, and now people are just giving me the run around and not actually helping because they know they can’t. I will be uninstalling this game immediately and warning my friends through social media not to download or attempt to play this game. But thanks again for your help. I know you don’t work for EA so I appreciate your efforts on this matter.

Message 5 of 11 (1,447 Views)

[ Edited ]
Community Manager

Hi @danawy708, thanks for sharing all those details with us! We have taken a look into your account but we are not seeing this, so it might be related to some corruption of the game files that are saved in your device. Would it be possible for you to download the game in a different device, log into your account and check if you are still having the issue there? *Note that while performing this step it's important to make sure you are not playing The Sims mobile on the first device as it may interfere with the second device. This would be only for testing purposes, and it would help us get a bit more information before doing any changes on the device you want to play on.

*Accept as Solution button- If a post answers your question please let us and other players know by hitting this button.
*Me Too button - 'Me Too' helps us track how many players are also experiencing that issue. Definitely make use of this button.
*XP button - Say Kudos and help players 'Level Up' by giving them XP for helpful posts.

Please only DM me if I've asked you to, or in the case of highly sensitive content. General questions/issues/topics are best shared on the forum where others can take part/benefit from the responses/solutions/workarounds

Message 6 of 11 (1,362 Views)

★★★ Novice

Hi Lanna,

Thanks for looking into this for me. I very much appreciate your trying to help me with this! However, when I logged in this morning it appears the glitch may have fixed itself. The original glitch still happened where I lost the first baby and had to redo the quest, but the non interactions between the sims and the new baby have corrected itself.

I was able to age the baby that the sims weren’t responding to and then I adopted a new baby and put her in the bassinet. The mother sim went straight to her and picked her up and I was able to do the first baby quest and collect the prize for the event and once I completed the event the mother sim still interacted with the baby by picking it up and feeding her so I’m hoping this is a good sign and that I’ll be able to keep enjoying the game at this point. Thanks again for your help Standard smile

Message 7 of 11 (1,348 Views)

Community Manager

Ah ok, well I'm happy to hear it's working again for you. :eahigh_file:

Happy Simming Standard smile

Message 8 of 11 (1,331 Views)

Really happy to hear it fixed itself! If you get in to any trouble again just post again. :eahigh_file:

----------------

Answers HQ Guardian

do not work for EA

Message 9 of 11 (1,329 Views)

★★★ Novice
Yes, I’m very happy that it’s working now and I can go back to enjoying the tiny world I created. Thanks again for all your help!
Message 10 of 11 (1,316 Views)