Original Post

Accepted Solution

Baby not returning from the daycare after interior decorator gig

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? With a baby in your household, accept a gig in the Interior Decorator career. The baby will go to the daycare. When the Adult Sim returns from the gig, the baby didn't return. I've had to exit the game to get the baby again.
What happens when the bug occurs? When the Adult Sim returns from the gig, the baby didn't return.
What do you expect to see? The baby should return like in any other career.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

With a baby in your household, accept a gig in the Interior Decorator career. The baby will go to the daycare. When the Adult Sim returns from the gig, the baby didn't return. I've had to exit the game to get the baby again.

06-03-21_2-32-44 PM.png

(Removed all caps in tittle) - Atic

Message 1 of 5 (892 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Baby not returning from the daycare after Interior Decorator gig

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ctamarti Did you try travelling to another lot and returning home to see if that would return the baby?

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (869 Views)

All Replies

★★★★★ Apprentice
@ctamarti Did you try travelling to another lot and returning home to see if that would return the baby?
Message 2 of 5 (870 Views)

Hero
@ctamarti I tested this and had no issues. Does this happen with every gig for you ?

Did you try a game repair as well as deleting the localthumbcache file after removing mods.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 5 (851 Views)

★ Apprentice

This happened to me as well (I clicked "me too") and it wasn't 100% of the time with the gig. I was able to get the baby back, but resetsim didn't work on the infant, I had to leave and come back. My toddler then did the same thing once.

Message 4 of 5 (776 Views)

NO ONE PUTS BABY IN THE CORNER. if we can find her

[ Edited ]
★★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.75.125.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? EXPANSION PACKS Eco Life Style Discover University Island Living Get Famous Seasons Cats and Dogs City Living Get Together Get to Work Snowy Escape GAME PACKS Realm of Magic Strangerville Jungle Adventure Parenthood Vampires Dine Out Spa Day Outdoor Retreat Dream Home Decor STUFF PACKS Nifty Knitting Tiny Living Moschino Toddler Fitness Vintage Glamour Backyard Luxury Party FREE Holiday Celebration Grims Ghoulish Guitar
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? How? Get the decor job level 7.....Get your sim pregnant. have the baby at the hospital..... come home, feed and change their diaper..... then pick the ext renovation job................POOF BABY IS GONE!
What happens when the bug occurs? POOF BABY IS GONE! The baby still shows as part of the household.. but is not in her bassinet. no messages about being taken away or gone to day care.. I mean my reno job is not until the next day but they baby goes poof.. and the little picture shows her still active in the home.
What do you expect to see? I expect the baby NOT to go POOF
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

I have done this twice with mods and twice without mods

The baby should still be in the bassinet but she is not. there are no messages and it happens right after I  accept another renovation job!

@crinrict I did not repair the game but every time I remove mods, I do clear the localthumbcache file out.

I think I will put this LP on the back burner for now, until this is resolved,

I refuse to play this career with having children till it is fix. I am not bouncing around to get the baby to come back. I hope this gets fixed soon, I pulled the LP and put it in a folder till it is fixed.

Message 5 of 5 (779 Views)