Re: Babies born when I save as and exit house

by kasigrog

Original Post

Babies born when I save as and exit house

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice
  • Are you using mods (Please answer with: Yes, Never, Removed) --> It's essential that stuff is tested on vanilla games so remove your mods before reporting a bug. Yes also tested without mods etc.
  • Are you using custom content (as in clothing and objects) ? Yes
  • Did you try a new game for testing purposes to see if you can duplicate the issue ? Yes
  • What is your Operating System (XP, Vista, Win 7, Win 8, Win 8.1) ? 8.1
  • Do you have the download or DVD Version of the game ? DVD

Sorry if this has already been posted before.

I am trying to play all of my families 1 day per family and I have full control of them all.

But if I get a sim pregnant and then save as then exit the house. Instantly she has her babies (commonly twins or triplets) Even though she is not meant to give birth for another 3 days. I do not enter the house again but it is visible from the manage households.

Message 1 of 7 (874 Views)

Hero

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (857 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Than

@crinrict wrote:

Try resetting your user files as described in the factory reset described in this post: http://answers.ea.com/t5/The-Sims-4/FAQ-Troubleshooting-Steps-amp-Known-Issues/m-p/3621199

You won't loose anything. Just make sure to not delete any files  and make a backup.

Thanks I did all that and no change.

I then found a mod for the exact same thing on Mod the sims 2 so I cant be the only one experiencing this.

Only they worded the issue a lot better than me:

"It annoyed me that played sims that were pregnant would complete their pregnancy while I was playing another lot, even though I had aging for played sims set to the current household only. I'd come back after playing another lot for a few sim days to find that the parents had missed out on the whole process and had a new crib with a randomly named baby. The mother hadn't aged... so how the heck did the baby get born while time was standing still?"

Message 3 of 7 (854 Views)

Hero

I might be misunderstanding your issue but this is how it works (by design)

If you play a one family and you get your Sim pregnant, it takes at least 3 days until the baby is born. This should not be interrupted by reloading the game. The Sims should still be pregnant if you do. This is true for your own Sims and NPCs Sims.

Now if you switch active family the family that has the pregnant Sim will progress the pregnancy and the child will be born after the 3 day whether you are playing it r not. THAT is what the mod is for. There are people that don't want pregnancy to progress while they are playing another family.

So my question to you: Did you change active families and then the baby was born on reloading or was this all while playing the same family each time ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (852 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Yes thats right. I switch families. BUT I have aging off for all families except the active family. So even though they are no longer the active family if there is no aging then the pregnancy should not be going ahead either. Or is that by design?

Message 5 of 7 (849 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

Sorry..and to add a bit more. NO the babies are not born on reloading. They are born when I am not playing the family. Instantly! I can get them to woohoo, save, and then go straight to manage households (usually to see how many NPC have spawned) and on the played tab I see the pregnant lady is either in her 3rd trimester (huge in the photos) or has had the babie/s already.

Message 6 of 7 (848 Views)

Hero

@kasigrog wrote:

Yes thats right. I switch families. BUT I have aging off for all families except the active family. So even though they are no longer the active family if there is no aging then the pregnancy should not be going ahead either. Or is that by design?

Yes, that is by design. They made it that pregnancies progress whether you have aging on or off. It should take the same amount of time as when you are playing them but if you play 3 days in another family, the babies will be born.

For feedback and suggestions on changing this, it's best to post in the feedback forum over at the official Sims forum: http://forums.thesims.com/en_US/categories/the-sims-4-feedback

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (846 Views)