[BY DESIGN] Wild Grow fruit trees all over town

by TayoGray

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Wild Grow fruit trees all over town

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

So I just patched my game today for the easter/spring challenges and all seemed fine until I sent my sim out to the gym in Willow Creek. While there I attempted to directed him to go pick some wild pears however, when I went to go click on the plant which is normally pear trees it was in fact grow fruit.

Upon further investigation I noticed all the trees that are usually wild pears were changed to grow fruit. Was this an intended thing or did I find a bug in the patch? Im assuming its a bug since it would make the first half of the grow fruit challenge pretty easy. Is this going to affect the pears altogether?

I was asked to open a thread here so i'm doing so now and if necessary I have screenshots for reference. 

Message 1 of 38 (3,255 Views)

Accepted Solution

Betreff: Grow Fruit glitch?

★★★ Apprentice

I think it was intentional because it is saying so when you ask for the growfruit challenge. I quote the original text...

I am looking to gather a large number of  growfruit for my personal enjoyment and edification. If you could bring me 20 of them, I'll be sure to give you a special reward. 

You should find some growfruit trees in the wild.

View in thread

Message 12 of 38 (4,726 Views)

All Replies

Re: Grow Fruit glitch?

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice
Message 2 of 38 (3,014 Views)

Hero

Are you using mods in your game ? If so, please remove them.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 38 (3,226 Views)

★★ Apprentice

Yes I use mods. I just disabled them then restarted my game and still had the glitch . 

Message 4 of 38 (3,224 Views)

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Here is a set of screenshots I took in game at three different locations. 

http://i160.photobucket.com/albums/t197/Momo-Tay/grow%20pear.png

Message 5 of 38 (3,223 Views)

★★★ Guide

I am having the same issue, though in my case it's the cherry trees. All mods are currently disabled, I haven't touched them since the patch installed.

Message 6 of 38 (3,210 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

Could you guys start a new game for testing purposes ?

Were the mods disabled when you started the game ?

Also did you save your game with the trees in ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 38 (3,205 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I just change locations to check other wild fruit and found that the pear trees in Willow Creek Park are the proper fruit. I did save my game before disabling my mods and restarting. I will disable again, restart and start a new game.

Message 8 of 38 (3,193 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I re-disabled my mods, restarted the game, started a new game file and the glitch persists.

Message 9 of 38 (3,179 Views)

Hero

Can you rename your user folder and then start a new game on a fresh folder.

I'm not able to duplicate, neither in my existing save nor in a new one.

Is it still the pear trees for you ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 10 of 38 (3,175 Views)