by TayoGray

Original Post

Re: Cherry Trees are now Growfruit Trees

Hero

@Coteming It's normal for the event. I merged your post

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 38 (698 Views)

Re: Grow Fruit glitch?

★★ Guide

@crinrict I don't think it's a bug either, just try around because the community was talking about it.

Umm... so it might be chance factor? Maybe a certain percentage in which a wild tree becomes a growfruit tree, and my testing save just happened to hit everything.

Will test around tonight if I have time though (I live in UTC+8).

Thanks a lot!

Message 22 of 38 (666 Views)

Hero

Yes, basically existing trees aren't replaced but sprout ones are replaced with a very high percentage.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 23 of 38 (655 Views)

Hero

So I wrote up a little blog post on how it all works and why this is not a bug: http://sims4.crinrict.com/en/2016/03/spring-challenge-2016/

Thanks to @samsam713. Your observation was spot on.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 24 of 38 (648 Views)

★★ Apprentice

I seem to still have wild grow fruit after the 4/21 patch granted it's a game I had started prior to the patch however, that means it's ruined that game for me since it's near impossible to find some fruit since all the places they grow are still grow fruit. 

Message 25 of 38 (604 Views)

★ Pro
Much to my surprise tonight, I found that I have wild growfruit trees in a brand new game started 4/23/16 to test venue wall speakers.  It was night in the game the last time I took the sims to the lot and just as I was having them leave, I spotted 3 glowing growfruit trees in the area.

I was so surprised to see them in a new game.  I'm not sure how widespread they are going to be.  During the challenge I avoided starting a new game because of reports I saw of them taking over so many fruit trees in the worlds.

I'm not sure what to think.  Is this by design? Do I need to try a repair game?  I thought they were supposed to be patched out but after rereading the patch notes they say:

"*acquisition of super fertilizer, and purchase of Growfruits from Jasmine, will no longer be available."

It doesn't specifically say no more wild Growfruit trees but doesn't say there will be either.  It would be nice to have clarification.
Message 26 of 38 (593 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

They are still in the game.

The chances that you get them were just reduced to be the same as the other trees (before it was 5 times as much)

I though the chances would be smaller than that but it's still working as intended.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 27 of 38 (584 Views)

★ Pro

@crinrict , thank you so much for clarifying for me.  I appreciate it.

It occurs to me that perhaps I had 3 grow so close to that lot in the new game because I was sending the sims there so frequently to test that Pop venue wall speaker.  In normal play, I most likely wouldn't have had sims on that lot so often in the start of a new game.  The Growfruit tree result in my game may not be what the average player will see.   

Message 28 of 38 (576 Views)

Hero

We'll see (they'll be posting sooner or later)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 29 of 38 (571 Views)

All trees in wild are still growfruit after challenge ended?

★★★★ Novice

During the spring challenge I started a new game and was playing through it for the challenge. I noticed that all trees in the wild were grow fruit and assumed they would change back to normal once the challenge was over.

It's been a few days since the patch to remove the challenge and all of the trees in the wild (in ever world and neighborhood) are still growfruit.

Are the trees going to stay like this forever or will the eventually go back to normal?

I want my sim to be able to find the various different tree types in the wild, not have to get the seeds through packets.

Message 30 of 38 (577 Views)