Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Wall Sculptures and Plants darkened in the Interior

[ Edited ]
Hero (Retired)

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place some of the decorative wall sculptures, such as The Living Vase (from GT), Country Flowers (from GT), Decorative Corbel (base game), and Scrollwork Corbel (base game) on a wall outside. Set time of day to afternoon. Note brightness of objects. Create a room and place the same objects inside it. Add lighting (I covered the entire ceiling in the image below).
What happens when the bug occurs? The objects appear darker than they should in the interior, given how brightly lit it is.
What do you expect to see? The objects should not be darker in a well lit interior than they are outdoors.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

Here is an image of the objects brightness on an exterior wall:

01-24-18_2-02-43 PM.png

Here are the same objects in a brightly lit interior room:

01-24-18_2-02-50 PM.png

Note that the Crabtree Planter Pot is also pictured (vase with flowers) to show the contrast of an object that does *not* have the glitch.

Message 1 of 16 (2,613 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [OPEN] Wall Sculptures and Plants darkened in the Interior

EA Sims Team

Hello @BryonyRae

Apparently this is by design, for performance reasons.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 16 (2,661 Views)

All Replies

Re: [OPEN] Wall Sculptures and Plants darkened in the Interior

EA Sims Team

Hello @BryonyRae

Apparently this is by design, for performance reasons.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 16 (2,662 Views)

[TO TEST] [S] Wall arrangements from Seasons are dark

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Which language are you playing the game in? Português
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them, including Seasons.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Put some wall arrangements from Seasons in different rooms. They won't be affected by light as other items.
What happens when the bug occurs? They look darkner than other decorations.
What do you expect to see? These new decorations properly lightened.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After Seasons of course Standard smile

guilanda1.jpgguilanda1.jpgguilanda 2.jpg

Here I put beside a Laundry decor to compare.

Message 3 of 16 (2,478 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Wall arrangements from Seasons are dark

Hero (Retired)

Merged with pre-existing (pre Seasons) thread for such objects, which the devs have said is by design.  I will however tag @SimQARobo to take a second look, as these Seasons décor items do look even darker than the pre-Seasons objects that were affected by the same issue.

Message 4 of 16 (2,445 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] [S] Wall arrangements from Seasons are dark

★ Guide
Do we have any answer about these case? I'm playing on Consoles too and the wall décors from Seasons are really looking darker than other objects in interiors...
Message 5 of 16 (2,310 Views)

[NEEDS INPUT/A] Lighting issue when placing certain potted plants inside rooms

[ Edited ]
★★ Apprentice

Which language are you playing the game in? Polski
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Expansions: seasons, city living, cats and dogs, get together, get to work, get famous Game packs: parenthood, spa day, joungle adventure, outdoor retreat, dine out Stuff packs: movie hangout, cool kitchen, romantic garden, vintage glamour, bowling night, laundry day, backyard
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Compare the lighting of any of the plants that are in the screen shot that I've attached before placing and after placing inside of a room
What happens when the bug occurs? Those plants change color to very dark, even if the room is lit properly.
What do you expect to see? Proper lighting for those plants.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

When placing certain potted plants inside of a room, they appear to have different lighting then any other items, making them very dark and impossible to use inside. I've noticed this issue immediatly after the Jungle Adventure release with the potted plants that were added in that game pack. I'd also see it happening in youtubers videos, so I'm pretty sure it's in everyone's game.
My guess is that certain potted plants are meant for the outside hence have different lighting, because it gets very bright in the sunlight and they need to be darkened for that reason. The issue is that the plants that came with Jungle Adventure, wall wreaths and that wall decor with flowers inside that came with Seasons and those plants in 3 sizes that came with Get Together should definietly be adjusted to be placed on the outside as well as on the inside.

Message 6 of 16 (2,394 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lighting issue when placing certain potted plants inside roo

Hero
Tagging @BryonyRae on this issue

I've forwarded it for now though.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 16 (2,277 Views)

Re: [NEEDS INPUT/A] Lighting issue when placing certain potted plants inside roo

Hero (Retired)

@Eldircora merging with original report for this issue.  Note that the developers have stated that this behavior is by design.

Message 8 of 16 (2,240 Views)

Seasons items are glitchy

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Often (50% - 99%)
What is your current game version number? 1.65.70.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Seasons Cats and dogs Vampires Free holiday
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Place seasons items in a room
What happens when the bug occurs? Items are too shadowy
What do you expect to see? Visible furniture
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

A problem with seasons that I have had for a long time is the shadows on some objects. When you put them in a room they are very dark. This does not seem normal to me since I did not have this problem with any other pack...
Glitchy items:

Happy H-all-idays Banner garland

Seasonal card display

Surfaced Succulents 

Branching out

Tired to simplicity plant

Winter wreath

Message 9 of 16 (1,882 Views)

Re: Seasons items are glitchy

Hero
@lausgarci Could you add a few pictures to your post ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 10 of 16 (1,843 Views)