Re: [BY DESIGN] Viral Video only gives many followers if sim in social media car

by crinrict

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Viral Video only gives many followers if sim in social media career

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.59.73.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Get To Work, Get Together, Get Famous, Seasons, Cats and Dogs, City Living, Realm of Magic, Vampires, Spa Day, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood and Dine Out
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Have a sim with level 10 charisma skill and let him / her upload a viral video.
What happens when the bug occurs? The sim only get 70 followers for a viral video. For me, the viral video only gives 1 million followers if the sim is in the Social Media career while in the Internet Personality branch.
What do you expect to see? Maybe, getting many followers with a viral video despite not being in the social media career. But maybe, this is by design.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Never used.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I don't know if this is a bug, but...

my sims only get many followers with the viral video when they are in the social media career. Otherwise, he / she only gets 70 followers.

I want to know if this a bug or if this is by design.

Message 1 of 5 (6,989 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Viral Video only gives many followers if the sim is in the social media care

Community Manager (retired)

I'm nearly positive this is by design and has always been like this. If you believe this changed/broke at some point with a patch then we can investigate, but I found some old testing documentation that says Upload Viral Video is supposed to give a "huge or epic number of Followers" when you're in the Social Media career. Which sounds like what you're seeing Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 2 of 5 (6,963 Views)

All Replies

Re: Viral Video only gives many followers if the sim is in the social media care

Community Manager (retired)

I'm nearly positive this is by design and has always been like this. If you believe this changed/broke at some point with a patch then we can investigate, but I found some old testing documentation that says Upload Viral Video is supposed to give a "huge or epic number of Followers" when you're in the Social Media career. Which sounds like what you're seeing Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 2 of 5 (6,964 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

If I'm understanding other people correctly, prior the Get Famous patch Sims with level 10 charisma could get 1 million followers uploading a viral video, whether they were in the Social Media career or not.

Message 3 of 5 (5,254 Views)

Re: [BY DESIGN] Viral Video only gives many followers if sim in social media car

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

I am also having this same issue where I am in the social media career and am stuck at "Meme Maker" because of the million follower requirement and the upload viral video button is consistently giving me 0 followers. Is this an issue if it is also happening within the social media career? @SimGuruNick 

Message 4 of 5 (4,080 Views)
Highlighted

Hero
@ElizabethLA67 If you are in the career, you should get followers.

Please repair the game, make sure to test on a modless game and if it still occurs, create a new thread.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 5 of 5 (4,056 Views)