Re: [OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires no energy/gaining points/no runs

by leahftu

Original Post

★ Guide

I have a similar bug but from what I've found there's no workaround to fix it.  Okay so I have it to where all non played vampires have no energy, I've gone into their houses to enable the vamp run or mist form and they use it for a while and then change to something else or normal walk and are still drained of energy, and also this won't work for the vampire fledglings who don't have the option for either.  Now since they have no energy they will also sometimes show up on lots when the sun is out, and they will die immediately because they have no energy for the sun to drain.  I lost 2 vampire npc's in about 5 minutes because of this. 

Message 31 of 41 (2,124 Views)

★ Pro

As you can not reproduce this, any idea what could be causing it,( GPS, CPU) as i purchased this pack for working vampires as advertised and since the pre cats and dogs patch, almost a year ago now, it is not working as intended for me.

Even enabling there power point runs does nothing, there still having energy problems and run problems, seems to be mostly those with sunlight immunity, (Caleb), with major energy problems, since seasons.

Vampire Speed/Run

There run in they power tree, seems to be deleted with relationships in currant game. Re enabling them is useless unless you leave them flagged as played. Even then its no guarantee if the game chooses them as a break in, it may change there preferred walk/run style even if i different one was originally selected by player.

Message 32 of 41 (1,980 Views)

★★★★★ Novice

I have the same problem. NPC vampires keep standing around doing nothing and walking with their shoulders slouched, complaining about the lack of energy. The autonomy is broken. They barely do anything and for those without Sun resistance (like Vlad or Lilith) they'd just end up dead on the street.

I did try the workaround, which is go into their household to enable Vampiric Run & Mist, which fixes the issue. But after a moment it'll just go back to being bugged and I have to constantly switch house to enable the running&mist again to keep them alive. It's annoying.

This bug's been around for a year and I'm surprise it's not fixed yet.

Message 33 of 41 (1,917 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

I have the same problem no NPC Vampire is using their movement ability and even the Vampires I played and now turned into NPCs are using them.

Same with the no energy bug, almost all the Vampire NPCs running around with low energy

Message 34 of 41 (1,890 Views)

★★★★ Novice

On top of this bug I'm also finding that my vampires in any save have a limit as to how many power points they can accumulate, making it completely unappealing for me to want to play them. I've tried resetting, giving and taking points via cheats, but nothing has changed. The bar will look full for the next 2 points but won't progress past that. The amount limit per vampire does seem to vary though, and this only happens once they become a master vampire.

Message 35 of 41 (1,799 Views)

Hero

Hi @Lana_Darkess

that sounds more like this issue: https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/TO-ADD-V-Not-able-to-level-up-gain-points-past-Grandmaster-lev...

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 36 of 41 (1,795 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this was intentionally done. If we enable Spirit Powers for NPC Vampires, they'll burn energy and will be more likely to die in the sun. I'm seeing some reports in this thread that NPC Vampires are still dying too often, regardless of the change to Spirit Power usage, but we're tracking that in a separate bug report, here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-NPC-Vampires-stay-out-in-the-sun-too-long/td-p/5851121 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 37 of 41 (6,235 Views)

★★★ Newbie

That is precisely NOT the problem. The problem is not with the disabled powers, but with the vampires being unable to replenish their energy. And lacking autonomy in general after the Seasons update.

Message 38 of 41 (1,633 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

@cokaffeine The issue you're describing is being tracked in a separate thread, thanks much! https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/OPEN-V-NPC-Vampires-stay-out-in-the-sun-too-long/td-p/5851121 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 39 of 41 (1,603 Views)

★ Pro

Finally their npc vampire runs/ teleports have been enabled and they no longer have energy point gaining issues. Noticed Vlad was doing well last patch and misting occasionaly, most resent patch the Vatores running as well and no longer complaing of enegy loss.

Message 40 of 41 (1,511 Views)