by KasumiKei

Original Post

Re: [OPEN] [V] NPC Vampires no energy/gaining points/no runs

Hero

Added 

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 21 of 41 (1,674 Views)

EA Staff

Hi @loyabe

Would you be willing to send your save files?  If so, instructions are here:

https://answers.ea.com/t5/Bug-Reports/INFORMATION-How-to-Send-User-Files-to-The-Sims-4-Team/m-p/6065...

That would help us a lot!.

Thank you very much!

Message 22 of 41 (1,645 Views)

★ Pro

I have sent a couple of not fixed saves, if you want any others let me know.

Message 23 of 41 (1,630 Views)

★ Pro

I was reading the forums and see a few people mention vampire bugs similar to what I have. There was also mention of vampires suddenly having sun resistance. I took at look at the premades in my currant game and discovered both Vlad and Lillith now have 3/3 sun resistance. I never changed there talents, its should not even be possible for Vlad as he has the opposing weakness.

This was not one of the saves I sent this morning but can send if you need it.

Message 24 of 41 (1,617 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I've grabbed the save files you uploaded, thanks much for the help @loyabe Standard smile

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 25 of 41 (1,595 Views)

★★ Novice

I've also encountered the disabled run and energy loss with the Vatore siblings while they were in unplayed mode. It started happening soon after installing both City Living and Get to Work along with the following (mandatory?) patches.

I recently started a new game and made sure to enable the run power while double checking that it was on. I put them in unplayed mode and started my own family in the same world. During the 'welcome visit' Caleb had his power functioning as it should. Lilith just faded in as I also gave her the full sun resistance ahead of time. Hard to tell if the run power was working with her.

The puzzling part about this is he was functioning properly during the first few in-game days before I noticed he wasn't speed running anymore in the neighbourhood. Just casually walking (and jogging). I enjoy seeing them run all over the place.

Anyway, I had a hunch and went into played mode with his family and clicked them both under the vampire category. Sure enough my hunch was right. They had both disabled their speed power thus leaving them vulnerable to energy loss which is apparently replaced with power point gain.

So it seems that just enabling the run power and putting them back into unplayed mode doesn't solve the issue after all. At least with my game.

I'm going to keep them in played mode for a while and see what happens, but I feel as though that won't solve anything either.

Would be nice if there was a proven fix for this someday, though. It's getting quite stressful. I love this game and the vampire game pack, but I'm reaching to the point of giving up playing till this issue is properly fixed.

Message 26 of 41 (1,555 Views)

Re: [TO TEST] NPC Vampires have no energy

★★★ Apprentice

I enablade Run / Mist but they still don't use their powers.

Message 27 of 41 (1,460 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

I have the same issue on all my games after installing Cats & Dogs. No vampires use their powers, and Vlad is resistant to sunlight.

Also, going into Play Mode with him, he had OVER 2000 VAMPIRE POWER POINTS!!!!!!!

I, too, will try to set all vampire households as Played. See if they keep their settings then.

Message 28 of 41 (1,444 Views)

★★★★ Guide

I have the bug npc vamps are always tired though they can still move as bat

Message 29 of 41 (1,412 Views)

★★ Novice

It looks like this thread has been open for an age with the last post about 5 months ago. Is there any status on this issue, or is this a problem EA really isn't concerned about fixing for their players? 

It kind of breaks my heart because I really enjoy the vampires in the Sims, but trying to work around this bug which has received so little attention turns them into a bit of a chore. I feel like I need to hire a psychologist for my abandonment issues. 

Message 30 of 41 (1,323 Views)