Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Username is showing twice on gallery items

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.50.67.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Cats and Dogs, City Living, Get Famous, Get To Work, Get Together, Seasons. Dine Out, Jungle Adventure, Outdoor Retreat, Parenthood, Spa Day, Vampires. Laundry Day Stuff, Perfect Patio Stuff, Romantic Garden Stuff, Vintage Glamour Stuff
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? I saved one of my own lot creations from my library onto a different plot, edited it a little more, and re-uploaded it onto the gallery.
What happens when the bug occurs? Any time I try and upload this lot now.
What do you expect to see? I expect it to only show my name once, since I created the item.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Yes
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

My name is appearing twice on my own gallery item. I've been working on this lot for several hours tonight. I finished it, uploaded it to the gallery, but then decided to put the lot in a different place. So I placed it on the lot from my own library (while it was still listed on the gallery). I decided to tweak a few more things, saved my game, then uploaded it to the gallery again, deleted the old gallery listing.

Then, I click back on the newer version to make it my showcase, and I notice that now is says "By: Hellkittenn Originally by: Hellkittenn". It's making it look like I stole the item from someone with my name, but if you click it it brings you to my profile. But I don't understand, why when its MY OWN CREATION, it's showing my name twice like I took it from someone. Is there any way to fix this? It's really getting on my nerves.

1.JPG

Message 1 of 2 (409 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: My name showing twice on my own gallery item.

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Hellkittenn 

This behaviour is as designed.  That system is there precisely to protect your creations from being stolen. 

I do not believe it causes confusion, as both ID's are the same. (Although I take note of your feedback)

However, If I download any of your creations, do a few tweaks and upload it again, it will appear as:

By: SimGuruIcarus

Original by: Hellkittenn

Implying that I'm not the original author of the creation.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers!

View in thread

Message 2 of 2 (371 Views)

All Replies

Re: My name showing twice on my own gallery item.

[ Edited ]
EA Staff

Hi @Hellkittenn 

This behaviour is as designed.  That system is there precisely to protect your creations from being stolen. 

I do not believe it causes confusion, as both ID's are the same. (Although I take note of your feedback)

However, If I download any of your creations, do a few tweaks and upload it again, it will appear as:

By: SimGuruIcarus

Original by: Hellkittenn

Implying that I'm not the original author of the creation.

Hope this helps! 

Cheers!

Message 2 of 2 (372 Views)