Re: [TO TEST] Upgraded objects are unupgraded when moving house to new lot

by crinrict

Original Post

Re: [PPSP] Hot tub upgrades do not keep in the gallery

★ Guide

Yes it seems that we can not have any upgrades transfer in the gallery, well that is not nice LOL. Thanks for all the help @crinrict

Message 11 of 20 (1,038 Views)

Re: [PPSP] Hot tub upgrades do not keep in the gallery

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I heard this is by design.  Upgraded objects will revert to the standard version when uploaded to the Gallery.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 12 of 20 (2,567 Views)

[TO TEST] Upgraded objects are unupgraded when moving house to new lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 10.102
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Copy a house to gallery, place it on a lot
What happens when the bug occurs? All of my upgraded objects are reduced to basic, non-upgraded objects, but the plants in the planters remain fruiting and evolved.
What do you expect to see? The objects to remain upgraded.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

All of my upgraded objects are reduced to basic, non-upgraded objects when I place my house lot from San Myshuno to Del Sol Valley, but the plants in the planters remain fruiting and evolved.

Message 13 of 20 (932 Views)

[ Edited ]
Hero

I think this is a known problem (can't remember the details) that upgrades aren't kept when you upload something to the gallery/library

Will need to search for details.

EDIT: NVM, found the thread. It's by design. I merged your post with the existing thread @Covahenasni .. see solution post.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 14 of 20 (924 Views)

★★★ Apprentice
Do you know of a way to move a house to a new lot, within the same saved game, without uploading to the gallery?
Message 15 of 20 (905 Views)

Hero

I don't but can you try placing all the upgraded items in your household inventory, then upload to the gallery, then put house on a new lot, then move family, then replace from family inventory ?Maybe that works ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 16 of 20 (880 Views)

Hero (Retired)

Hi @Covahenasni! I ran into the same problem when I wanted to move a house with a bunch of upgraded items. There might be easier ways to do this, but what finally worked for me was to save the house to "My Gallery", then I put all of my upgraded items, collections, earned career rewards, emotional paintings, etc into my household and personal inventories.

Download the house from the gallery onto the new lot. I had a lot of simoleans by that time, so I plopped it furnished just in case I missed something. Then I moved the household, and left the old one in place (again, just in case I lost something). Then I went back into build mode and sold the generic buy-mode stuff and replaced it with the things in my inventory. Once I was satisfied that I had everything I wanted out of the "old" house, I demolished the building and replaced it with something else. 

In my case, I was most concerned about an urn with a ghost on the property. I found when I first moved the house that the ghost was gone - I had an urn, but no one in it anymore. Putting the urn (with ghost) in the personal inventory of my household sim retained the ghost during the move. I didn't put the urn in the house right away, so it turned into a gravestone (think I lost some social on it), but I was able to place the gravestone and continue to build my relationship with her. 

If you're only worried about the one item, it shouldn't be too hard to just save it to the household inventory, make the move, then replace the hot tub with your upgraded one. You don't have to be as overly cautious as I was, that's just me Standard smile  Hope that helps! Happy Simming!

Message 17 of 20 (877 Views)

Hero (Retired)

@crinrict - I must have been typing my response at the same time you responded. I have a bad habit of being overly wordy - you answered it much more succinctly and correctly. Sorry about that! Standard smile

Message 18 of 20 (873 Views)

★★★ Apprentice

Thank you, both of you for your suggestions. Standard smile 

Message 19 of 20 (872 Views)

Hero

@BlackjackWidow wrote:

@crinrict - I must have been typing my response at the same time you responded. I have a bad habit of being overly wordy - you answered it much more succinctly and correctly. Sorry about that! Standard smile

Well, yours was more detailed Wink

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 20 of 20 (863 Views)