Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Travel cancels any queued actions by Sim

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.52.100.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Set Sim up for a couple of actions with the final being TRAVEL
What happens when the bug occurs? Sim completes or begins next action, then TRAVEL screen kicks in
What do you expect to see? I expect the queued actions to be executed and the TRAVEL command to initiate in sequence
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. Island Living installation

This field is required apparently.

Message 1 of 7 (795 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Travel cancels any queued actions by Sim

Community Manager (retired)

Can you specify what interactions you're doing? I think I see what you're seeing? If I queue up Cook - Party Size of Garden Salad, and then queue up Travel via the phone after that, the world map will come up before the Cook interaction completes. If I cancel the travel and go back to Live Mode, my Sim is still making the salad.

However, I believe this is by design, by virtue of the fact that it's always done this. I just loaded up the October 1, 2014 Patch and it does the same thing. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (768 Views)

All Replies

Hero
@Wndblwz Tested this and gave my Sim 4 task to do, then zoomed out and choose another lot to travel to.

Sims did all for tasks, then traveled.

How did you imitate the travel ? With M ? Through the phone ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 7 (785 Views)

★★ Guide

Thanks! I initiated through the phone. Every time. Same result.

Message 3 of 7 (777 Views)

Hero
@Wndblwz Weird. How many tasks do you queue ? Only 2 ? What happens if you do more ? It does feel a bit like the last task isn't completely done before the travel screen comes but I can't say if that's new or not.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (772 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Can you specify what interactions you're doing? I think I see what you're seeing? If I queue up Cook - Party Size of Garden Salad, and then queue up Travel via the phone after that, the world map will come up before the Cook interaction completes. If I cancel the travel and go back to Live Mode, my Sim is still making the salad.

However, I believe this is by design, by virtue of the fact that it's always done this. I just loaded up the October 1, 2014 Patch and it does the same thing. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (769 Views)

Hero
@Wndblwz Tagging for further feedback and to see Nick's answer.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (731 Views)

★★ Guide

I'm fascinated that this is by design. THANKS!

Message 7 of 7 (717 Views)