Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Transferring Sims Changes Household Status

[ Edited ]
★★★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All add ons
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Just try transferring a sim from family to family
What happens when the bug occurs? Under Manage Households if I transfer a sim from an "Other Household" to another "Other Household" it instantly changes both to "My Household" status. Any combination of such does the same thing. This happens with mods or without, and with a new game.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see it not do this...Household status should remain the same, unless you are transferring a sim from a "My Household" to an "Other Household" (like how played family status works). Either a bug or poor design.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. When the function was added.

Pretty self-explanatory.

Message 2 of 7 (730 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: [UNSURE] Transferring Sims Changes Household Status

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is by design. The thought was that all actions the user takes on a household suggest they care about the household. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 7 of 7 (638 Views)

All Replies

Why Maxis want to add "unfavorite unplayed household" to MY favorites forcefully

[ Edited ]
★★ Guide

Related to https://answers.ea.com/t5/Game-Information/Why-they-removed-played-unplayed-separation-from-UI/m-p/6...

--

When I move unplayed unfavorite household to other lot, it automatically added as FAVORITES.

When I edit unplayed household to change their name/trait in CAS, it automatically added to FAVORITES.

And when I play a game normally, sometimes, unplayed household automatically got into FAVORITES.

Seriously, Maxis. Do you know the definition of "favorite"?

If you're forcing such thing to me(player), it's not a recommendation, suggestion, or favorites.

Will you stop adding "unplayed unfavorites household" to favorites automatically?

If I really want to protect a household, I will mark them favorite BY MYSELF.

I didn't ask you to mark everyone for me.

Besides I always play a household at least once if I want to protect it.

I have tons of "played household", and ZERO protected "unplayed household".

Message 1 of 7 (683 Views)

Hero

Leaning towards by design on this one as the household status is to make sure your Sims are not culled and maybe the games assumes that when you do something with them, you don't want them culled. They are not marked as played, right ?

You can easily unmark them too.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 3 of 7 (701 Views)

★★★★★ Apprentice

No, they aren't marked as played. I'll admit it's hard to say for sure, but kind of stupid if true. For example, the reason I even found it was because I was transferring constantly regenerated pets from young adult/adult families to elder ones (all non "My Household") in an effort to keep them out of my nightclubs, since that's the only type of bars I have, and elders don't frequent them much. The random pets weren't wanted to begin with, and neither were the families in general. And although they are easily unmarked, they are just as easily marked if I wanted to keep them, and having the game making assumptions on who I want to keep is overkill. Not exactly a gamebreaker though.

Message 4 of 7 (688 Views)

★★ Guide
Message 5 of 7 (668 Views)

Hero

@99publicidentity merged your post into this one. Leaving it as unsure for now.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 6 of 7 (637 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

I'm being told this is by design. The thought was that all actions the user takes on a household suggest they care about the household. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 7 of 7 (639 Views)