[BY DESIGN] Switching Active Sims Cancels Events

by canelacaliente

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Switching Active Sims Cancels Events

[ Edited ]
★★★ Pro

This is still occurring since the December 2015 patch.  Switching active Sims to a Sim who isn't on the lot while one Sim is on a date cancels events such as club gatherings, dates, and parties.

Notes

Computer OS:  Windows 10

Mods/CC:  Never

Sims Version:  64-bit

Expansions:  Get Together/Get To Work

Message 1 of 9 (884 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Switching Active Sims Cancels Date

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I was told that it is by design that switching to a different Sim on another lot will cancel the event on the current lot.

If someone can find a post from a SimGuru saying that this shouldn't be the case, please PM me.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 9 of 9 (774 Views)

All Replies

Hero

Not sure this can be counted as a bug ?

So you switch to a different Sim with loading screen and all and when you get back the Sim is no longer on a date ?

This might be unexpected but I wouldn't classify it as a bug since it might be hard to do. 

It's the same with the vacation. Now with the events happening, my Sim was invited to one and I went there and afterward she just stayed home and couldn't go back on vacation. While I thought it was bothersome, I did not classify this as a bug.

Maybe post that in feedback instead ?

(unless I'm not understanding correctly what you're saying)

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 9 (875 Views)

★★★ Pro

I believe the Gurus said this was fixed and switching active Sims should not cancel events like dates.

Message 3 of 9 (867 Views)

Hero

Do you remember which one ?

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 9 (862 Views)

★★★ Pro

I can't find the post.  It was about events not ending when switching to an active Sim on a different lot.

Message 5 of 9 (857 Views)

Hero

OK. I've added for now.

Maybe I can find out but I'm a bit busy with RL and other stuff that need doing first.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 6 of 9 (853 Views)

★★★ Pro

Do you have an update?

Message 7 of 9 (806 Views)

Hero

Not really. I haven't been able to get an answer or I would have posted.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

Important Threads

Message 8 of 9 (802 Views)

EA Sims Team

Hello.

I was told that it is by design that switching to a different Sim on another lot will cancel the event on the current lot.

If someone can find a post from a SimGuru saying that this shouldn't be the case, please PM me.

Thank you.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 9 of 9 (775 Views)