Re: [UNSURE/A] Story mode sim not retained when downloading through gallery/libr

by SimQARobo

Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Story mode sim not retained when downloading through gallery/library

[ Edited ]
★★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.53.115.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All of them.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? 1. Create a sim in story mode 2. Save sim to library/upload it 3. Quit game 4. Start the game again 5. Go to CAS 6. Load up the sim 7. The story is no longer there!
What happens when the bug occurs? Basically, you're able to select the traits and aspirations again and the story that was chosen through the questions wasn't there anymore, as if the sim was never a story mode sim.
What do you expect to see? I expect to see the sim still available with the story mode even though it's been in the library/uploaded.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Neutral/Not Sure 

I'm unsure whether I'm just doing something wrong or if anybody else is having this problem. 

Message 1 of 7 (3,688 Views)

Accepted Solution
Highlighted

Re: [UNSURE/A] Story mode sim not retained when downloading through gallery/libr

EA Sims Team

Hello.

What is being described is currently expected behavior.  The Gallery does not save household funds.  (You can edit the funds through the money cheat if you need).

Also, even though the Story Panels do not display in CAS after importing a Sim from the Gallery, the Sim's traits, career, and skills should still be saved, which you will notice once the Sim is placed in Live Mode.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 5 of 7 (3,574 Views)

All Replies

★★★★ Guide
@crinrictInsane_Babe I started a new game and inserted a couple sims I had made with the story mode yesterday and didn't see the story icon either, which caused a bit of concern. However, when I moved them into a house, the story sort of worked, but not completely. They were each supposed to get "standard" starting out funds (which came out to 25k simoleons I noticed when first placed), but when I placed them this time, they were only given the usually 20k start. On the other hand, the jobs and skills given to them by the story mode are still there. So, it's half-working as intended? It's like the game treats it as a played gallery sim.
(and yes, this was tested on a vanilla game as I've not put any mods back in yet since the rebrand update)
Message 2 of 7 (3,620 Views)

[ Edited ]
★ Guide

I can confirm this. I started a new game without mods after updating, created a sim (an alien) using story mode saved to my gallery, did not share it, loaded it again just now to edit it some more before possibly playing it and the story mode panels to the right of the of CAS were missing. Creating a sim, saving it to my gallery and editing it several times before playing is my normal workflow.  I would expect the story mode elements to remain in CAS if the sim has only been saved locally. If I place the sim in world she does have skills and a career, but just the basic starting money, though.

Message 3 of 7 (3,596 Views)

Hero
Its probably by design from how its working

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 4 of 7 (3,587 Views)
Highlighted

EA Sims Team

Hello.

What is being described is currently expected behavior.  The Gallery does not save household funds.  (You can edit the funds through the money cheat if you need).

Also, even though the Story Panels do not display in CAS after importing a Sim from the Gallery, the Sim's traits, career, and skills should still be saved, which you will notice once the Sim is placed in Live Mode.

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 5 of 7 (3,575 Views)

Sims created through CAS stories do not start with the right amount of funds

[ Edited ]
★★★ Novice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.102.190.1030
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? All expansions except Eco Lifestyle, High School Years, Growing Together and Horse Ranch. All game packs except Journey to BatuFsubjecu and My Wedding Stories. All stuff packs except Spooky Stuff, Bowling Stuff, Toddler Stuff, My First Pet Stuff and Home Chef Hustle Stuff.
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Step 1: Create a sim through CAS stories and answer the questions that give your household more money. Step 2: Save household to the Gallery but do not immediately play with them. Step 3: Attempt to move household into any home above 20k Simoleons in cost but find you're unable to move them in because it says the household only has 20k Simoleons when they should have more.
What happens when the bug occurs? After creating a sim through CAS stories and saving the sim to the Gallery, said sim will not have any increased household funds despite having 'above average' or 'high' household funds when you manually move them in later through the Gallery.
What do you expect to see? CAS stories households having the right amount of household funds when you select them from the Gallery; 25k for 'above average' and 30k for 'high'.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? Yes
Please describe the patch or change you made. After updating game to patch 1.102.190.1030.

I'm aware that this was an old bug that was fixed in a previous patch but it's bugged again as of 1.102.190.1030.

Message 6 of 7 (987 Views)

Re: Sims created through CAS stories do not start with the right amount of funds

Hero
@SoTiredZzZ does it work if you don't save them to the gallery but put them in the game right away ? Did it work for you before when you saved them to the gallery. I don't think the gallery was a factor in the fixed bug.

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 7 of 7 (682 Views)