Original Post

Accepted Solution

[BY DESIGN] Stealing loudspeaker from Blue Velvet breaks the lot

[ Edited ]
★★★ Apprentice

Product: The Sims 4
Platform:PC
Which language are you playing the game in? English
How often does the bug occur? Every time (100%)
What is your current game version number? 1.61.15.1020
What expansions, game packs, and stuff packs do you have installed? Only one free one (not the guitar, other one)
Steps: How can we find the bug ourselves? Steal the loudspeaker from the Blue Velvet bar (as Kleptomaniac sim). Later, try and arrange a date at the bar.
What happens when the bug occurs? The bar becomes unavailable for dates. If you visit it alone, it's empty. When you go into "Manage Worlds" and check the lot, it says it requires a loudspeaker. You have to add it back manually to fix the issue.
What do you expect to see? A loudspeaker that can be turned off, or replaced by the owner if stolen.
Have you installed any customization with the game, e.g. Custom Content or Mods? Not now. I've removed them.
Did this issue appear after a specific patch or change you made to your system? No

The issue is straightforward, how you fix it is another thing. Without a loudspeaker, sims can't dance. I think I stole it because I couldn't turn it off, as I wanted sims to stop dancing. Making it so that it can be turned on and off manually would be nice, but for realism being able to steal it is also nice, so maybe it could be replaced if stolen?

Message 1 of 3 (497 Views)

Accepted Solution

Re: Stealing loudspeaker from Blue Velvet breaks the lot

Community Manager (retired)

Yeah this is by design and has always worked this way. It would only be something we'd want to fix if NPCs were autonomously doing this. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

View in thread

Message 3 of 3 (449 Views)

All Replies

[ Edited ]
Hero

@Lulzes THis is an active interaction from your part right ? Not an NPC stealing ?

Should be easy enough to replace it ? Or does it not work if you do that ?

You can break a lot by stealing stuff. Usually not counted as a bug unless it's done autonoulsy by an NPC

Good Luck
Crin

Trennlinie

I don't work or have any association with EA. I give advice to the best of my knowledge and cannot be held responsible for any damage done to your computer/game.
Please only contact me via PM when asked to do so.

Important Threads

Message 2 of 3 (475 Views)

Community Manager (retired)

Yeah this is by design and has always worked this way. It would only be something we'd want to fix if NPCs were autonomously doing this. 

This account is no longer accepting Direct Messages. If you need to send a Direct Message, please send it to TheSimsDirect. Thank you.

Message 3 of 3 (450 Views)